Games You Played Today ver.1.22474487139...

Continuing the discussion from Games You Played Today: 358 Threads Over 2 - #5129 by Tulpa.

Previous discussions:

1 Like

Games With Cheese You Played Today

5 Likes

Need for Speed Heat is the first game pass game Iā€™ve tried whose PC version is so dogshit that itā€™s actually preferable to play it via cloud streaming - consistent latency is better than constant inexplicable stuttering

Thereā€™s kind of an entertaining racer underneath that, though

5 Likes

Victory Run on PCE, it has a wierd system, each parts of the car has a status point system, eg if your gear shift was turn red (I guess it turns to zero), thatā€™s mean you couldnā€™t up your shift and drive the car in lowest speed.

10 Likes

Ahem

Btw with the thread limit being approached i vote that the next title be

Games You Played Today (Taylorā€™s Version)

5 Likes

if i remember right, it also has a day/night cycle thatā€™s based on how long youā€™ve been playing, rather than having the sky change from stage to stage. itā€™s a game with a lot of ideas

3 Likes

maybe itā€™s a joke i donā€™t get, but this just seems like a reference to modern culture i am trying to ignore??

Just me trying to make a cheesy ā€œtopicalā€ joke

3 Likes

been playing A Short Hike on the switch lately. Itā€™s a very ā€œbreezyā€ type of exploration game. All non violent, some fun minigames, fixed camera and no map. Itā€™s like it was made for me. Itā€™s no GOTY, but it is very joyful.

9 Likes

When I was rambling last thread about mobility and pacing being the point of open world games, I thought about A Short Hike too. That game is breezy for sure. Fun to explore too. Blessedly short as well. Itā€™s basically a collectathon game, and maybe the only one I ever really enjoyed playing.

1 Like

I beat Dark Souls II. Itā€™s a very good video game with a lot of bad parts that frustrate the hell out of me. Best level design in the series so far

draw-distance-fog level with a bunch of invisible enemies? mwah :woman_cook:

9 Likes

After not really playing anything recent this whole year aside from GG Strive and one session of Splitgate, I decided to see what I missed. Turns out, not much! I mean, Iā€™m doing a sprint of smaller, lauded titles so thereā€™s probably some other things that stand out.

I started with Echoes of the Eye, which probably gave me too optimistic an outlook for the other games I would be delving into. It was about as perfect an addition as could be possible for Outer Wilds. I played so much within four days that I dreamed about it, which was a little unsettling given the material. It is great.

I followed that up with Inscryption which really left me wanting. I thought the start was very strong but that its mechanics and narrative didnā€™t develop meaningfully afterwards. All in all, it was fine.

Wanting for more of an emotional heart, I then jumped into Unpacking. This really reminds me of florence with its blurry, stereotyped characters. It wound up boring me. After the fourth time putting nail clippers into a vanity drawer, I called it quits.

Now Iā€™m trying to compensate for that gameā€™s a lack of detail with Black Book, but I donā€™t know if I have more stamina in me to keep playing games before I go back to work.

There were some moments here and there where I thought, ā€œWhy am I doing this? Why am I spending time with these.ā€ Iā€™ve been getting a lot more fulfillment out of movies lately and itā€™s hard for me to think of my time spent with games as a fair trade.

13 Likes

Dark Souls 1 is perfect in every way, but I love all the weird systems-design choices they made in 2 while still keeping the overall combat flow the same. The new covenants are cool and interesting (Rat King!!!), thereā€™s a wider variety of approaches, thereā€™s fun environmental puzzles, THE GENDER CHANGE COFFIN, etc. I like it a lot more than 3 because, unlike 3, it maintains the slow and steady pace of Demonā€™s / 1.

6 Likes

I thought I liked movies better but I hadā€™t played a game since Friday and was incredibly cranky which was the same the whole month my wrist hurt. The very act of video game must be doing some necessary brain defragmenting.

I watched 3 movies! But that was worthless for my mental state compared toā€¦what even did I play last night? 20 minutes of Disco Elysium before getting sleepy?

Oh yeah I picked up that space invaders collection. I should have looked it more carefully because this only had 3 mobile ports and none of the Arcade Games. Iā€™ve played Gigamix as intended! There is almost no point to playing it outside of that circumstance.

You play Arkanoid versus Space Invaders with the PS Trackpad Iā€™m not going to play a mobile game on my television!!

11 Likes

The Rat King kind of fails because the areas are completely optional. I tried for two month to complete the RK Convenant at release and once players realized the reward wasnā€™t worth it no one entered that area.

I never got people at the Grave of Saints one, but the Doors of Pharros sees a lot of activity bc itā€™s on the way to the castle, and is also full of water so people move slow and are easy to kill lmao. I didnā€™t have any trouble finding victims in my most recent playthrough (a year or two ago). Also I like Rat King cuz it doesnā€™t punish the person ā€œbeing invadedā€, since they are technically summoned to YOUR world. Very low-stakes PvP.

4 Likes

yeah i feel this too, itā€™s kind of interesting. itā€™s hard to see the actual value of games for me but i know that itā€™s doing something important

6 Likes

FH5 is good, but itā€™s also so saccharine sweet that it starts to make you feel sick after a while. This is the perfect Gamepass game.

9 Likes

Really wish Dark Souls III didnā€™t queue up every button Iā€™ve inputted since birth, immediate whiplash coming out of the previous game

9 Likes

Well this worked last time soā€¦ sure would be nice if a mod made this topic sticky :shuffle:

EDIT: Yay again! :shermiesteppin:

2 Likes