News VI: Fires of Rumorcon

Continuing the discussion from ACTION 5 NEWS with Chuck Scarsdale - #2071 by hellojed.

Previous discussions:

2 Likes

“Thanks mum the codes’ 0451” GAH, GAG ME WITH A SPOON

2 Likes

Silent Scoop

8 Likes

Dark Tales Edgar Allen Poe’s Murders in the Rumours

News VI (III In The West)

2 Likes

Jason Schreier’s Getting Up: News Under Pressure

3 Likes

News VI: Fires of Rumorcon

11 Likes

Perfect

4 Likes

I read that as Duck Tales Edgar Allen Poe’s Murders in the Rumours

4 Likes

Something about the Atomic Heart footage makes me feel like that studio did 80 hour weeks for like several years straight and it just doesn’t sit right with me. Hell, thats how I feel about any footage I see of that game and I don’t know why.

5 Likes

im sure the evil conspiracy in pseudo-communism aesthetic bioshock infinite will not be at all eye rolling

8 Likes
5 Likes
9 Likes

It’s more like redfash binfinite. Total Duginite game funded by Gazprom execs and russian fascists. It’s being released on the 1 year anniversary of the invasion of Ukraine. The protagonist is a KGB agent in a rosy nostalgia lensed alt-history where the glorious USSR never perished and instead became an advanced science fiction civilization. It’s being released exclusively on VK play in countries where VK is available, just to make sure that as much money as possible makes its way to the war machine.

Their twitter nonpology explaining all these suspicious things did not make anything better

“Guys, we have noted the questions surrounding where we, at Mundfish, stand,” Mundfish said in a Twitter thread. "We want to assure you that Mundfish is a developer and studio with a global team focused on an innovative game and is undeniably a pro-peace organisation against violence against people.

"We do not comment on politics or religion. Rest assured; we are a global team focused on getting Atomic Heart into the hands of gamers everywhere.

“We do not, and will not, condone contributors or spammers with offensive, hateful, discriminatory, violent, or threatening language or content.”

Yes, the game with the ultra-conservative premise has nothing to say about politics, but rest assured they’re against the concept of ‘violence against people’

edit: at least mick gordon did a decent thing

24 Likes

pre-emptively, if anyone thinks that Mundfish is trying to avoid getting nabbed by the repressive laws against criticizing the war in Russia, consider the statement Ice-pick Lodge made only one week after the invasion began:

No dissembling or vague platitudes there.

35 Likes

yea tulpas not even exaggerating the studio literally took money from gazprom and far right nationalists are buying it as a fuck you to ukraine because they know where the money is going. Its really crazy, pretty much anywhere public ive seen the game mentioned for the past few months turns into a huge shitshow cuz of it

20 Likes

Maybe Steam should, like, not sell it.

Of course, a campaign to boycott Steam until they remove it wouldn’t get anywhere, because gamers.

5 Likes

I love this one and hope we keep it in our back pocket for the next news thread

5 Likes

its ok valve will continue to prevent individual russian and ukrainian users from buying games or getting paid for theirs instead

6 Likes