Every Extend Extra! Extra! (News Thread)

Continuing the discussion from 10,000 Bulletins: No One Can Stop the Presses! (Part 1) - #5419.

Previous discussions:

2 Likes

lol

1 Like

apparently no one at the company told my studio that this was real so there was a bunch of slack activity advising everyone to delete these emails and report them as suspicious phishing attempts

10 Likes

4 Likes

Just watched a trailer for a game called Weird West, which is an isometric action-rpg in a Wild West setting that contains heavy elements of the supernatural.

Not to be confused with previously-released Hard West, a turn-based strategy game in a Wild West setting that contains heavy elements of the supernatural.

Nor to be confused with newly-announced Evil West, a third-person shooter/character action game in a Wild West setting that contains heavy elements of the supernatural.

10 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ll play all of these thatā€™s fine

5 Likes

Same, tbh the only thing thatā€™s really making me go WhiteGuyBlinking.gif is that all three games are just ā€œ___ Westā€ like bro, put in some effort

1 Like

gaming

4 Likes

One of those is directed by a former Arkane employee. Thatā€™s the one I will definitely play.

Edit: Weird West is the one. Raphaƫl Colantonio is on the job this time.

People are still trying to capitalize on the hypothetical coolness of the Dark Tower and Deadlands, that neither The Dark Tower or Deadlands could actually express in practice.

Maybe one of them will pull it off someday!

5 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Iā€™m obsessed with What Is Going On With DokeV

Only game promo media Iā€™ve seen in recent memory that is totally bewildering

I keep coming back to how obscenely expensive it looks

9 Likes

Great thread title good job Select Button

16 Likes

My understanding is that children want to watch/play media with avatars that appear a few years older than they are, but by that metric the kids who would potentially play this game would rather have an animal avatar.

7 Likes

is this just like, a social sandbox MMO? a battle royale explicitly for kids? not sure whatā€™s happening and I know itā€™ll never be for me

1 Like

Itā€™s actually not an MMO anymore, itā€™s like a monster hunter/PokĆ©mon mashup. Note the ghostbusters packs and summoning/transformation sequences.

I love all the lil guys

2 Likes

Sequel to this.

2 Likes

hmm i dont like this

I think it looks very fun but also that any kid playing a game about playing imaginatively outside should probably do that at least 2-3x as much as the video game

3 Likes