videogame things you think about a lot

Continuing the discussion from videogame things you think about a lot (Part 1) - #3400 by doolittle.

Previous discussions:

the shift from acts 1-3 of kentucky route zero (driving on a highway) to act 4 (on a boat going down a river)

8 Likes

the amount of voiced dialogue designed seemingly just to make a game last linger. pleaseā€¦, PLEASe shiut the fuck up

13 Likes

On this same note I played the first 15 of Mario Galaxy (horrible) last night and the only voiced bit by Peach is going ā€œPleaseā€.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Im glad for multiple generations more than one console has had a ā€œY ā€œbutton to allow for natural Abbott/Costello type bits

3 Likes

Want to give a 1:30am shout out to Guardian Ape!!!

6 Likes

In Morrowind many npcs have corresponding family names to the ancestral tombs which means that the UESP ancestral tomb entries also record the locations of any living family members. The best one is the Venim family tomb whose living members span across all the Houses and thereā€™s something quietly sad about that. Thereā€™s a lot of little (un?)intentional stories of unspoken familial drifts and ruptures in these tomb names and I think this is my favorite thing about Morrowind.

23 Likes

Morrowind is inexhaustible. The more you dig, the more thatā€™s there

5 Likes

The closest Iā€™ve ever come to mining cryptocurrency is running Idlemaster for hours to grind Steam trading cards. Which people also find valuable for reasons which are mysterious to me, and which offer me a paltry reward for my ā€œinvestmentā€

8 Likes

except you probably burned more electricity trying to sell them, the crypto problem. Justā€¦yeah I had to sit and think about that one for a while myself.

1 Like

The original map and towns for Pokemon Gold/Silver.

9 Likes

this empty map make me think a lot.

reminds me of this map was once full of the children(robber) who tried to duel ā€˜winner take allā€™, but they were peaceful for each other.

What a thug town.

1 Like
12 Likes

suspiciously CATS like, so:

someone saw this, built a time-machine, went back, delayed the production for ā€˜cleaning upā€™ the end product, and voilĆ”, we got what our timeline deserved.

:tronyell:

wii recipie controls

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiRecipe

12 Likes
12 Likes

slime soft

26 Likes

how everyone at squeenix pays their ffxiv sub all the way up to the CEO

6 Likes

presented without comment

4 Likes