videogame things you think about a lot lot lot

Continuing the discussion from videogame things you think about a lot - #2050 by HOBO.

Previous discussions:

3 Likes

American enka…

28 Likes

On the Occasion of Remembering the Six Golden Coins

3 Likes
6 Likes

Way back on original SB, someone was hosting a creative minecraft server for everyone. There was this fad of making a glass base and then some video game related block-art on top of it. So I made one for Jazz Jackrabbit. When I came back the next day, someone had defaced it…

CW: cartoonish, block-based funny-animal nudity

If the perp was one of the folks who’s still around, please fess up. It’s been a while and I’m not mad. Just want closure.

15 Likes

Finally, a Jazz Jackrabbit with both speed and balls

7 Likes

I think about the 3 Jazz Jackrabbit characters’ cameo appearance as giant robot pilots in OMF2097 a lot

Omf_eva

Also the turtle villain shows up but I can’t find any screenshots of him

17 Likes

oh, do you face these characters in that weird build-a-fighter career mode?

3 Likes

Yeah, as I recall, they don’t appear in the tournament ranking list but show up semi-randomly as optional bonus foes right after you achieve certain career milestones. Jazz shows up first, then in the second or third tournament his sexy rabbit girlfriend does, and I think there’s some text about revenge in there, and finally the turtle does.

Whenever one of them shows up again it’s been such a long interval you totally forgot about the last one, so the running gag is that more and more Jazz Jackrabbit characters keep inexplicably showing up out of nowhere

11 Likes

binfinite was so spectacularly awful. then five months later gone home taught me i just liked rummaging for epistolary writing in first person

11 Likes

I think Binfinite might have been the breaking point when I decided I well and truly had no use for mainstream games media in any capacity. No more looking at E3 or IGN or whatever. Worse than useless.

14 Likes

The unranked challenges in tournament mode (17 in all, including 2 for each of the Jazz gang) weren’t random but conditioned by your end of match stats plus some specific triggers. For example Jazz challenges you in the World Championship only if you win against Eva (and actually says so in his dialogue), who herself challenges you if you use your destruction move (the local fatality), are on iron difficulty, above rank 13 and have more than 35% accuracy and 20% vitality.

In general if you destroy everyone and aren’t terrible at fighting you’ll get all unranked matches.

3 Likes

I want to develop a theology based on Undertale

1 Like

jazz jackrabbit is still cool to me. gnarly looking videogame mascot

6 Likes

Indeed, Epic is nothing without their Megagames

9 Likes
12 Likes

to kick off the Call Of Duty Vanguard launch, Activision hired one T-Pain to host the show, who ended it with this

10 Likes

I asked Dall-E to generate the Call of Duty Vanguard box art

6 Likes

free her

11 Likes