videogame things you think about a lot

wait oh my god they did the blue album too

5 Likes

I’m doing their version of “No One Else” at karaoke and I’m sure no one will boo me

3 Likes

How Dungeon Crawlers are all 70 hours long.

2 Likes

Excellent huge snot sniffle at the 1 minute mark

3 Likes

how goblins ill like fire

4 Likes

thought about trout-flavored ice cream and think I have the kitchen appliances to do it justice

4 Likes

wizardry 1 owns it’s like two to fifty hours

11 Likes

Every time any drip of news comes along regarding Tengo Project and their remakes of old Natsume games, I think “oh they should do Shatterhand”

Then I remember this Twitter thread (or maybe another one just like it idk):

snes port? We what nes shatterhand, give us ur back log please :)

https://www.twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/730812050222407680

uhmmm didn’t you develop it? Jaleco owned publishing rights though.

Natsume-Atari developed it. Different company.

whoa
really?! I’d love to hear more about this. There are two Natsumes?!

There are 3 actually. Just because things needed to be more confusing :D

seriously what the hell

6 Likes

This game rules

1 Like

These days
 I don’t know what the hell anybody is talking about when they talk about metaverse, even though I definitely know the concept. Are there like 50 different metaverse projects going on? “Property in the highest played metaverse is going for unprecedented prices!!” some articles will read. I don’t even know what to imagine someone playing when I try to imagine that people are doing things in these environments. Is it a phone thing? A app you download? VR exclusive? Where is the access point? Sounds like bullshit.

1 Like

The Metaverse (むセカむ, Isekai )? is the place where combat takes place during Persona 5 , Persona 5 Royal , and its direct sequel, Persona 5 Strikers .

Appearances

Details

Much like Tartarus and the Midnight Channel, the Metaverse is formed from the collective unconscious, although unlike those respective areas, the areas in the Metaverse are personalized cognitive spaces based on areas in real-life Tokyo. While usually not directly affecting the real world, the Metaverse is known to have fused with it should its master wish to. For most, a Metaverse Navigator is required to traverse into any areas of the Metaverse, and anyone without a Persona will inevitably run into a life-threatening situation inside it.

11 Likes

how meta are you, mint?

1 Like

People realized they could do the secondlife is the future grift again.

But skipping the bit where it’s got all the fox people fucking bringing down the corporate branding.

So initial investment is going to be massively higher and it will crash catastrophically bigger financially.

5 Likes

Nah I get all that. I just think I am confused by the singular metaverse being used to refer to what seems to be a bunch of different products people are (apparently) dumping money into.

5 Likes

An also confused by this

What I’ve read from the tech business side is, it’s an attempt to capitalize on and confirm an ultra-online existence, in which business relations exist entirely on the internet. Now, that doesn’t necessarily describe anything different from our existing world – and there are conflicting post-hoc explanations of transformative technologies that will make things different: VR, shared identity and assets, and the like. None of these implementations seem necessary to describe a more-online existence, nor do they describe why they would now succeed after decades of movement in the opposite direction. Immersive interfaces have been envisioned and abandoned since the '90s, the web has been moving away from interoperability as centralizing websites have found it more advantageous to close the gates from their competitors.

THE FROTH MUST CHURN

7 Likes

Mastiff’s amazing logo c. 2004.

Mastiff Logo

17 Likes

that logo was the reason I bought la pucelle tactics!! the gamestop employees sensed my fake gamer girl urges and tried to get me to buy something else but JOKES ON THEM IT WAS MY GATEWAY GRID GAME

14 Likes

I assigned this video for my students to watch, so I was thinking about it again, and it’s really actually just a videogame thing I think about a lot anyway so I post here. The title is a little misleading. For me it’s more about the story of a community online, and a virtual space that’s as real as any place.

Always gets me to tear up. Makes me say in a store-brand voice, videogames forever.

12 Likes

I think about MAG (Massive Action Game) being the progenitor to basically all these battle royale type games

somehow the idea took like 10 years to develop and blow up, maybe because it was a shoddy PS3 exclusive

IDC if Planetside did it first or whatever, this is the one I played

9 Likes