Wolfenstein

Also value judgements re: catharsis in other people’s lives and how they do or do not use their feelings anger or otherwise can get bent, etc.

4 Likes

yea i basically with u on all of that. many of their criticisms just dont scan to me at all

Finished this last night on PS4. Ended up dropping the game down to easy to plow through it, after finding it pretty hard to aim/shoot things and feel badass using a controller (also, I was playing without vibration and I really think they need to work on giving visual feedback when taking damage). Anyway, that stuff is very easy to ignore when you’re a bullet sponge and can casually go through levels living the satisfying nazi killing power fantasy.

The characterisation and story are so good, and there’s something about its playable story moments (like the audition scene) that make me happy I decided to play the game rather than watch a playthrough. But also, if they decided to release the next one as a 4 hour game made up of cutscenes/cool playable story vignettes, I’d be so down. Give me Wolfenstein III: What Remains of William J. Blazkowicz.

4 Likes

i’m trying to beat this but i’m having a bug that’s keeping me from progressing:

i’m on the sub trying to find fergus’s arm but every time i talk to paris jack to get info about it, the game crashes and spits me back out to the ps4 dashboard. has this happened to any of yall? any ideas what to do about it?

This happened to me at the same bit too, but it only crashed the first time. My second attempt worked fine.

Also happened to me near the end of the game, but in that instance it appeared to be stuck loading forever.

Seems like the issue is the game failing to load cutscenes. I noticed my Ps4 seemed extra loud while running this game, wonder if that is related?

i’ve had it happen three times now :frowning: i guess i’ll give it another shot tomorrow

Wtried just deleting and reinstalling the game? Plenty of data in that big download for something to be wrong.

If nothing else works, try going for it directly. It’s under the staircase that leads to the hangar. Go into the hangar and look for some crates that you can melt with your laser, there’s a passage behind them.

this did it, i beat it, ty!

Some decent stealth arenas in this one, plus you get to revisit the Moon.

1 Like

This one is techbase from start to finish. It’s the second best one after the first, I’d say. Overall these have been deeply, profoundly optional. If you want more combat opportunities then you’re good, but there’s nothing going on with regards to story and they’re not even pertinent to the main one, being characterised as in-game works of banned fiction which the author himself calls mindless trash.

2 Likes

Composed by long-time Bethesda collaborator Mick Gordon, and featuring award-winning composer Martin Stig Andersen, Wolfenstein II’s soundtrack is a powerfully eclectic compilation ranging from dark ambient compositions to cinematic scores to energetic rock tracks; providing a diverse soundscape for Wolfenstein II’s cinematic narrative across 41 tracks spanning over two hours of runtime.

The soundtrack will be available digitally on June 19, 2018.

Track Order - Track Name - Composer

1 - Blitzmensch! (Ravi Krishnaswami - Copilot Music + Sound)
2 - The Executioner (Martin Stig Andersen)
3 - The New Colossus (Mick Gordon)
4 - Commander of the Ausmerzer (Martin Stig Andersen)
5 - Reich Between The Eyes (Mick Gordon)
6 - Oh, Caroline (Mick Gordon)
7 - Nuked Manhattan (Martin Stig Andersen)
8 - Der Zitadelle (Mick Gordon)
9 - Amazing Grace (Mick Gordon)
10 - Right Trigger Warning (Mick Gordon)
11 - Hatching The Plan (Mick Gordon)
12 - Strawberry Milkshake (Martin Stig Andersen)
13 - Space Aliens Martin Stig Andersen
14 - Rocket Trains And Lizard Faces (Mick Gordon)
15 - Blazko Kill The Nazis (Mick Gordon)
16 - On Fire (Martin Stig Andersen)
17 - Die Glocke (Martin Stig Andersen)
18 - Area 52 (Martin Stig Andersen and Fredrik Thordendal)
19 - Mesquite, Texas (Mick Gordon)
20 - Frau Engel (Martin Stig Andersen)
21 - Deteriation (Martin Stig Andersen)
22 - Zofia (Mick Gordon)
23 - Twins (Mick Gordon)
24 - The Kreisau Circle (Mick Gordon)
25 - New Orleans Burning (Martin Stig Andersen and Fredrik Thordendal)
26 - Muddy Waters (Mick Gordon)
27 - Terror-Billy’s Gonna Getcha (Mick Gordon)
28 - Horton Hears A Revolution (Mick Gordon)
29 - Nazi Punks, GTFO (Mick Gordon)
30 - Anya (Mick Gordon)
31 - Gettin’ Ready (Mick Gordon)
32 - …And Other Things (Mick Gordon)
33 - Lontano (Martin Stig Andersen)
34 - Like A Walrus (Mick Gordon)
35 - Venus (Martin Stig Andersen)
36 - Sehnsucht (Martin Stig Andersen)
37 - V-A-L-H-A-L-L-A (Mick Gordon)
38 - Surprise! (Get Them Before They Get You) (Mick Gordon)
39 - Sunset For Humanity (Mick Gordon)
40 - Der Zerstörer (Mick Gordon)
41 - Change Over Day (Die Käfer)

1 Like

Hell fucking yeah. The arrangements on the album versions are so much better than the game rips. The theremin and Billy Preston organ on Nazi Punks, GTFO is so good.

1 Like

OK so the two excellent versions of Back to Work from The New Order are present (1,2) but it’s missing two of the fight jams:

oh no how could they leave out the panzerhund/courthouse music

Damn it, it says this video is not available… not even “in your region”, just not available

wow, panzerhund especially rocks!

4 Likes

fuck yes

Aw hell yeah. Looks like this one’s set in 1980. That’s an interesting choice for a year, wonder what they’ll do with it.