Wolfenstein

10 Likes

Official site: https://wolfenstein.bethesda.net/

Proving that you can’t keep a good gun-totin’, hatchet-wieldin’, Nazi-killin’ badass down, BJ Blazkowicz is back in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. The sequel to the critically acclaimed shooter from award-winning studio MachineGames was announced at the Bethesda E3 2017 showcase, and will be available on October 27, 2017, on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Set in America in 1961, The New Colossus will take BJ (dubbed “Terror-Billy” by the Nazis) from post-nuclear Manhattan to small-town Roswell to the bayous and boulevards of New Orleans and beyond, as he leads the Resistance against the Nazi occupation of his beloved country.

But this isn’t just the riveting tale of one man’s mission to build a movement and fight the evil that’s overtaken his nation. BJ must also rebuild himself. After barely surviving the assassination of Nazi General Deathshead at the end of Wolfenstein: The New Order, BJ begins his exhilarating adventure while still recovering from his extensive injuries. Bloody but unbowed, he soon finds himself fully restored and stronger than ever. Along the way, BJ will mow down anyone in his path using an awesome arsenal of high-tech weaponry, including the Laserkraftwerk (perfect for disintegrating Nazi goons) or the Dieselkraftwerk (built to blast a bunch of enemies with gas-powered grenades). BJ can also get up close and personal using the new hatchet – because there’s nothing more satisfying than slamming a handheld ax into the crunchy cranium of a vile Nazi commandant.

Whatever weapons he chooses to use, BJ can not only dual-wield anything from advanced pistols and submachine guns (or any combo of his powerful armaments), but he can upgrade those weapons as well – allowing for even more versatility when it comes to everyone’s favorite pastime: killing Nazis.

And he’ll need every weapon he can find, because this time it’s even more personal. Not only is BJ fighting to take back his homeland, but he’s doing it alongside old friends (including returning favorites like Caroline, Bombate, Set, Max Hass, Fergus or Wyatt, and his now-pregnant partner Anya). These allies – along with new characters like Horton and Grace – will help BJ take down the villainous Frau Engel and her Nazi army, and spark the second American Revolution, ensuring there’s a future for the burgeoning Blazkowicz family.

A world-class shooter with gripping gameplay, compelling characters and a captivating story, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus puts you into the Nazi-stomping boots of BJ Blazkowicz and lets you unleash your inner war hero. Whether you like to sneak around, run-and-gun, take a tactical approach – or all of the above – your goal remains the same: Rally the resistance and end the Nazi’s tyrannical reign in America.

I hope there’s another space/moon level.

1 Like

Blade of Agony is a story-driven FPS. The project is inspired by WWII shooters from the 90’s and early 2000’s, like Wolfenstein 3D, Medal of Honor, and Call of Duty, but with faster-paced gameplay in the spirit of Doom! The game can be played standalone using the GZDoom engine as a base.

2 Likes

Holy shit the new Wolfenstein is exactly what I was hoping it would be

Unbelievably psyched

2 Likes

Too bad you have to shoot alligators tho :frowning:

2 Likes

I am so god damned into this.

exclusive DLC preorder bonus in-game BJ Blaz t-shirt:

3 Likes

Wow.

Every ten years or so I realize WolfenDoom is still a thing.
How has this series of mods continued for so long.

You don’t even need a copy of Doom anymore, there are stand-alone versions.

the first Mac-made 32-level replacement, originally released in the summer of 1996

1 Like

Is bj canonically Jewish or did I just make that up

No one really knows and even the Polish connection is left vague. Both deliberately according to Machinegames’ take, although it’s clear he has notions of Hebrew.

3 Likes

If only we had a Jewish Polish-American to rally behind in America

:weary:

2 Likes

B.J. for President 2020

Getting to use Becker’s power armour or riding a Panzerhund didn’t get me anywhere as excited as the setpiece where you’re stuck in a wheelchair.

Also, nice:

https://store.bethsoft.com/apparel/mens/jackets/bjs-faux-leather-jacket

1 Like

10 Likes

Don’t read the comments.

i’ve had New Order sitting on my xbone for months and now i’m finally getting around to playing it and man its good. it gives you all the mobility and arcade-twitchiness for clearing every room with just a knife but just duel-wielding machine gunning everything at any point seems to also fit within this game’s story, so it’s freeing.

seems like Bethesda-run reboots of classic Id games are the only FPS games i can play these days

They are certainly some of the most fun single player FPS games these days since so many of them anymore are just po-faced COD campaigns and the like.

3 Likes

i had a 5 1/4" wolfenstein 3d disk with all six episodes

sometimes i wonder where it went