The News Grandmaster 4000

5 Likes

What even is Nicalis these days?
For the Blade Strangers fighting game they’ve now also announced

Quote from Cave Story

The Binding of Isaac

Azure Striker Gunvolt

and Shovel Knight

But also they annouced Vs Puzzle Game with an even weirder roster??

It’s got the Blade Strangers crew with Code of Princess, Cave Story and Isaac.
Also somehow Black Jack and Astro Boy from Tezuka Productions.

A whole bunch of misc indie title characters from 1001 Spikes, The Tempura of the Dead, Akuji the Demon and Hydra Castle Labyrinth.
And finally Johnny Turbo (who is somehow getting a recent resurgence?)

Crossovers are TREND.

8 Likes

no, sorry, my brain can’t process this
nope
not today

4 Likes

As a fan of crossovers I reject this. Free your captives, nicalis.

1 Like

whatever this wild ass roster is more in the spirit of snk vs. capcom and the og marvel vs. games anyway im all for it

2 Likes

it seems like between this and death’s gambit and dead cells leaving early access this might be Actually Good Castlevania Year!

I was not expecting that!

bloodstained : -))

kind of disappointed to match the first game being a japanese msx platformer with oblique puzzles and designs that its not an early 3d saturn game with low draw distances that create a mood

2 Likes

Addendum: This is still weird.

(“extended” part starts at 1:46)

i hate the binding of isaac character art so much that i have to make this pointless post about it. like i just need some acknowledgement that the art for that game makes me deeply uncomfortable and i hope to never see it ever again

27 Likes

Literally have never played Binding of Isaac and never will because of its obvious and insurmountable hideousness

9 Likes

NICALIS is also making a crossover basketball game with a lot of these characters so they sure are banking on novelty like…a lot

2 Likes

hey does anybody know where i can find the current asking price for the rights to a random assortment of 32/64-bit era d-lister mascots i’m asking for a friend

4 Likes

I would totally float a grand for the rights to gex and boogerman and bad mister frosty and Glover

we could get Donald Glover to voice regular Glover

4 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

saw the notification and was honestly kinda hoping this reply would be re: his suitableness to the role vis a vis his age

26 posts were split to a new topic: Bloodstained: being a castlevania fan is a complex relationship

Honestly sports games kinda feel like the best sort of thing for these ridiculous crossovers.

I didn’t buy the track and field game featuring Pyramid Head.

2 Likes