The News Grandmaster 4000

2 Likes

I’m researching Gamasutra pieces from 2014 that are actually about ethics in videogame journalism and it’s wild that YouTubers on the payola escaped scrutiny for a couple of years thanks to misdirection on the part of Gators.

It’s like a tiny section of a fractal that is the reactionary news hellscape we’re in now - Kotaku is Fake News, get the real shit from your friends laconically talking about Dead or Alive on YouTube.

3 Likes

still being repulsed by nicalis’ anime isaac got me wondering if binding of isaac’s ugly art direction was actually good given that its kind of a horror game about traumatic childhood shit

but then i remembered that it’s also like a very long biblical reference and the seven deadly sins are used as a mechanic or something so i hate it all again. poo poo and pee pee newgrounds

edit: http://bindingofisaac.wikia.com/wiki/Satoru_Iwata
what the fuck

3 Likes

6 Likes

Resurrect Conker as the Clooney of a Oceans 11 style forgotten mascot heist game IMO

Glover, Gex, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot

Bubsy is the villain

Featuring cameos by Kane and Lynch

14 Likes

Hooooleeeee fuck I would be so into that and now I’m a hypocrite for hating other nostalgiagrabs

3 Likes
3 Likes

Man the reload on that little subgun is sick as hell.

Still, walking around in VR is a recipe for tummy troubles. Dunno if you could hack more than few minutes of this at a time.

Needs Sly Cooper as the gymnast dude that folds up into the box

3 Likes

There was already a PS2 Sony platformers super game for eyetoy and no one played it.

Wait not eyetoy. Move with eyetoy usage. Gah. The amount of failed sony projects no one cared/s about (including me.)

3 Likes

That makes me a little more mad about Drift Stage taking so long to come out

2 Likes

Rad shiny gold and red Famicom Mini for the 50th anniversary of Shounen Jump. Most of these games are no doubt really bad.

This better mean that that one ending of Star Fox Command is Canon.

EDIT: This ending, for the uninitiated: https://www.talking-time.net/showpost.php?p=1825471&postcount=119

1 Like

Do you think Nintendo actually forgot about F-Zero?

5 Likes

The F stands for Fox now.

8 Likes

of course they did

also, F-Zero comes first in the grand unified F-Zero/Star Fox canon, as both James McCloud and the G-diffuser system both originate in F-Zero or are placed before the events of Star Fox 64, which replaced SF as the first thing in the SF timeline and furthermore, I

15 Likes

They’ve said in the past that the main reason they don’t do a new F-Zero is because they can’t figure out how to innovate on the formula. It feels like a pretty shallow argument in light of (say) Mario Kart, but I guess “now with Star Fox” counts as an unexpected twist.

I don’t hate this in principle, but they’re gonna fuck this up with motion controls aren’t they

1 Like