Broke: double jump
Woke: triple jump
Masterstroke: Kirby infinite jump
Pre-soaked: Mario 3 frog suit jump

6 Likes

Bespoke: Bionic Commando arm

6 Likes

Catherine is coming out on steam I guess

the best game design is you only get to jump once and you have to live with it for the rest of your life

17 Likes

you only get to jump once, but each time you restart the game, your jump is slightly higher. you can keep restarting to get higher jumps, but there are various dangers inherent in jumping too high

3 Likes

You can only press each button on the controller once.

7 Likes

I wish this had been more than an essay

ā€œKing Gohnadā€

:doomthunking:

http://harmonyzone.org/10BeautifulPostcards.html
3 Likes

Xbox emulation is officially in the sweet spot of the glitches being really cool.

self-interview with a dude that wrote a bunch of the emulators for the xbox, havenā€™t watched it yet probably interesting!
5 Likes

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-hd-enhanced-collection/

Today weā€™re happy and excited to announce Hitman HD Enhanced Collection , a compilation of two classic Hitman titles remastered in 4K resolution: Hitman: Blood Money and Hitman: Absolution . It will be available digitally January 11, 2019, for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Both games can be played in 4K resolution and 60 fps, including many other improvements that bring these two classic titles into 2019 with the attention and love that they deserve.

ā€œWeā€™re very happy with this collection and how we were able to update and remaster two of our classic Hitman titles for modern consoles,ā€ said Hakan Abrak, CEO, IO Interactive. ā€œ Hitman: Blood Money and Hitman: Absolution have helped us on our journey to where we are today, and weā€™re looking forward to players enjoying them in 4K and 60 fps.ā€

Hitman HD Enhanced Collection will feature:

• 4K visuals at 60 frames per second
  • Increased texture resolution
  • Upgraded texture formats
  • Super-sampling
  • Upscale support
  • Heightened shadow map and mirror resolutions
  • Improved lighting
  • Updated controls for a more fluid experience
1 Like

Good on IO for re-releasing these in a way that directly profits them instead of a publisher first, but:

Hitman Absolution was a PS3 game

Hitman Blood Money was already remastered for PS3.

Also Absolution was Absolutely Awful.

Blood Money is ace, though.

Absolution is great

thereā€™s a reason my friend referred to it as ā€œHitman: Absolutiotā€

Sighs

Should have just given it to D3 proper and get us an Alien themed EDF.

4 Likes

cool

apparently still closed beta only

plz add super princess peach theme/physics with matching mario sprite

oh damn wow, look at that slide
4 Likes

half of these skins look like the dream I had about super mario world on the NES when I was 11

2 Likes

Itā€™s making the rounds that some people from Headcannon, one of the indie teams behind Sonic Mania, pitched a prototype of a new Darkwing Duck game to, uh, Capcom, inspired by/based on Capcomā€™s 1992 Darkwing Duck game.

Thereā€™s a video of the protoype:

Writer Aaron Sparrow and artist James Silvani of the most recent Darkwing Duck comic book series were working with Headcannon on it.

As a ridiculously huge Darkwing Duck fan myself and a pretty big fan of the Capcom game, tooā€¦ Frankly, the prototype is a chore to play. The addition of a hookshot/swinging mechanic on top of the original gameā€™s grippable platforms feels poorly thought out and shoddy to use. The level design is not particularly interesting, and is fairly brutal right from the start. Most obnoxiously, the level design seems to be completely unconcerned with the size of the screen, requiring constant manual screen panning and, probably, memorization of where hazards and platforms are going to be. Admittedly, itā€™s a prototypeā€“and a very pretty oneā€“but the prototype didnā€™t inspire confidence that this would bring anything more than some simple aesthetic joy (I mean, yes, of course, Iā€™d love to see someone pay Jim Cummings to perform Darkwing Duck again, but then again, heā€™s doing that on neo-DuckTales).

Darkwing Duck fans even more miserable than I are gnashing their teeth about the woeful unfairness of how Capcom didnā€™t greenlight this. These people, of course, have no idea how anything works.

Also, Darkwing Duck was a minor splash in the NES canon in comparison to DuckTales. (Also also, DuckTales Remastered was most interesting for having Alan Young voice Scrooge one last time.)

Gaming press is picking up pretty big on this, though. I expect itā€™ll fall out of the news cycle and be forgotten in a week. I donā€™t think a handful of blog commenters can convinceā€¦ Capcom and Disney to put money into this.

Anyway. Guess thatā€™s news. Download the prototype before they get a C&D, maybe.

5 Likes