The News Grandmaster 4000

this may have been one of the first games where i was aware that I have been enjoying the game more for its soundtrack (on the GB, no less) than for its gameplay - in hindsight, playing it a decade or so later, the platforming was also OK, but the tight art direction and soundtrack have impressed little me enough to pull through the game…

so, naturally, i’d have liked for this to come out, but if it’s just another platformer™, well, so be it.

1 Like

DRAGON’S DOGMA for SWITCH I exclaim while pushing my PS3, 360, and PS4 copy off my balcony.

I never even play in handheld mode.

4 Likes

Why do people love the Switch in docked mode again?

feels good to play portable games on the big screen

lol

3 Likes

It’s uhhh a slightly different console to play almost all the same games on my couch and splatoon 2.

But I don’t have the online service so now it is for the 5 indies I bought on switch instead of ps4.

My train is way way to crowded to even try to play switch on it. I see about one a month. This is far far down from the ds/psp or even 3ds/vita days.

The Switch is not ergonomic at all for me, even less so in handheld mode.

1 Like

well THANK GOODNESS I won’t have to play another video game ever again

2 Likes

The pro controller feels good to use but yeah, agreed.

I would kill for a left joycon with the analog stick and d pad switched

3 Likes

i would only want this for Katamari, y’all can have your weird shitty playstation controllers for everything else.

1 Like

that is exactly what I want this for, but also when playing 2D games with the directional pad the analog stick gets in the way of the minus button

totally ruins playing metroid

Oh, I hadn’t considered analog accessibility. That makes sense.

I’m very surprised that there aren’t more switch attachments of weird varieties. There’s definitely a (small but probably passionate) market for it.

1 Like

this is probably my best bet. $45 doesn’t seem that unreasonable for how versatile it is.

It’s what I play most games with! Dunno if they ever fixed the weird bugs it has with Splatoon 2 though.

But yeah, count me in the crowd that finds the Switch super uncomfortable in handheld mode.

ten more years of the 3DS woulda been fine imo

1 Like

handheld switch is fine if you’re using the analog stick. the shoulder buttons are maybe not quite comfy enough, but I generally don’t have problems with them

I’m maybe weird in that I find it too heavy?

I’ve got the same issue with the New 3DS XL, though that’s a bit worse since the two screens kinda throw off its balance.

Little baby New 3DS and the New 2DS XL are about as cozy as they get, though. That and the newer model Vitas.

But yeah that 8Bitdo controller is great for the bulk of the Switch games I’ve played with it. Still can’t really imagine playing Mario Odyssey without the Joycons akimbo, but it works OK for that, too.

I for one enjoy the moderate heft of handheld switch

1 Like

I agree the Switch isn’t very comfortable in handheld but I attribute it to my slowly-rotting wrist tendons; I started finding all handhelds uncomfortable starting around 2007 and the bigger Switch is nicer for me, if not great.

2 Likes

The 3ds routinely made my wrists miserable because my tendons are also fucked. Can’t imagine playing Switch for more than 30 minutes at a clip. Although I guess that’s not a problem depending on your point of view

You might also be looking for something like this?

Only very specific usage though.

1 Like