Share & Talk About Your Music

wth gate this rips. so much going on

1 Like

very weird, I’ve been using and inhaler for a few years and never heard about / was told about this. I’ll sometimes use it on stage between or during songs as a bit… well, never again!!

i’ve been slowly working away at establishing a musical style/rule for my game and today i made the first track that i really like.

sorry for weird quality

the easiest way for me to upload it privately was by recording my screen w my stream setup and it didn’t occur to me that the static would completely murder the video compression lmao. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

if it doesn’t seem to be hurting you i wouldn’t worry too much! asthma control takes precedence. i just got put on this thing after a chronic stress related flare, and i quit that job, so i’m risking tapering down on the meds

So I have been messing around with feedback noises from my cheapo mixer, so here are some of them I recorded last night messing around for a bit. Just my mixer, a EH Bass Big Muff Pi pedal on most of the tracks, a Behringer Bass Synth pedal on the last one, and a Monotron Delay.

3 Likes

i’ve been messin’ around with ableton lite lately, while a buddy of mine messes around with Gdevelop so I tried to come up with a theme song to an unreleased game of his, still in progress

3 Likes

became obsessed with C maj → E flat 5th and made this while setting up the software for my controller

2 Likes

Stream crescent arc | Listen to edits playlist online for free on SoundCloud some small noisey edits for winter

Trying to figure out Reaper.

:man_shrugging:

The bell part was sequenced using some goofy No Doubt-esque synth, but it sounded weird with the rest of the FM8 instruments.

2 Likes

the country-esque song i wrote got mixed and finished for a friend’s album

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VXkC6CTVAmjUc29Uvvx6R-5sLCgLrKRH/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

does anyone have experience with mixing/production? or just want to give an opinion? I just got a first pass on a song back from the engineer, trying to figure out what revisions if any are needed.

the song: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LrxCwbg3vQOxVCuihaUVdLKdJeWvuZUz/view?usp=drivesdk

3 Likes

sounds great to me

1 Like

without knowing what the reference track(s) were, i’d say there’s nothing offensively off about it?

1 Like

i started working on a little remix to ease back into music stuff with just the samples i have on hand and the default fl mixing stuff on a fresh install. i think its coming out pretty cute

edit: i did the thing where i posted something and then immediately took it in a new direction that made it way better again lol so i just hotswapped the link :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes
3 Likes

anyone taking part this year? i’m probably gonna do it again

5 Likes

i would love to participate in something like this, and also i know i won’t, but i would personally suggest making a thread for this. might be fun to have a little SB listening party or something at the end

2 Likes

I’ve been watching a lot of youtube music theory videos. I’m ready

1 Like

Yeah, make a thread and let’s do stuff. This will at least get me to record things I have been messing around with.

1 Like