Share & Talk About Your Music

I actually just got a job offer starting in late Jan (?) so I may not be able to :grimacing: you make the thread!

3 Likes

speaking of my music, i started learning jazz standards on guitar in december, using a lot of Jens Larsen and jazzguitar.be

i think my goal is like, continue pursuing jazz as long as it interests me, with an aim to using all these fancy chords and harmonies/melodies for neo soul and r&b type songwriting. i’m finding it much more fun learning standards than just soloing over blues or learning rock etc

any guitar folks in here have stories about learning jazz?

1 Like

sorry bro i only jam with people who don’t miss

1 Like

who wants to hear me messing around with bespoke and my midi controller to generate random notes for 6 minutes

i think it sounds better than my description belies

i think i’ve landed on my setup for the foreseeable future, love these tiny devices and love the big sounds they can make

7 Likes

my love and i were asked to do a mix for edited arts and it’s out now

4 Likes

this fucken rules

oh god you can’t just drop lyle lovett on me like this

2 Likes

Learned a lot about bespoke making this:

I absolutely loved setting up my midi controller thingy to work with bespoke, twiddling knobs to make sounds weird is good.

i’m fairly proud of this song, i was trying to make something like this about a year ago and just wasn’t able to put everything together.

also i get now how easy it is to accidentally make a 9 minute song, i thought “that was way too short, maybe 2 minutes” after doing this and then it was 4 minutes lol

2 Likes

here’s a demo of a song i wrote called ‘fading arc’. kinda of a slow, sad song. fake guitar
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z7xxPeCpBRAVN89CCqS7b87dZQVsv3eg/view?usp=sharing

augh my tastes are too esoteric; the only projects i have any excitement for are the ones i have NO idea how to continue

1 Like

did a whole thing, thank you for coming to my ted talk

5 Likes

i haven’t watched this in full but i jumped around a bit and i think you’re underselling this, the first half of this has some great advice and philosophy totally unrelated to hardware

i’m interested in this!! will watch in full later

forgot to post this here! did a set at dna lounge last week

7 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

i posted this in this thread when i made it but i am still unreasonably proud of it

3 Likes

every time i’m given a squelchy filter i only ever seem to be able to do simple repetitive patterns on it but i dunno it’s fun

2 Likes

dont have anything to share but i’m continuing to transcribe wes montgomery

imagine it sounds like that but a lot worse

been working on this ambient trance track for a bit, managed to finally get something under 4 minutes woop

2 Likes