Share & Talk About Your Music

8 Likes

face melting

yeah wow this percussion is Huge

thanks y’all! been kinda busy the last few weeks and it’s going to be busy for the next few so I wanted to throw something out before then

back on bespoke, opened up this drum randomizer I made and turned it into something that I think is pretty cool. Art by craiyon with the prompt “entropy”, but then i fucked it up a bunch in paint.net.

EDIT: Bespoke file for anyone interested: https://cania.neocities.org/random%20drums.bsk

3 Likes

craiyon prompt is “nebula face.” back to the old method in Bespoke of setting up some cool instruments, attaching sliders to my midi controller, then movin em around live. the difference here was that i did more than one take and practiced a little bit.

trying to embrace “perfect is the enemy of good, and good is the enemy of just doing the god damned thing”, i’m not tremendously happy with this but i think i got what i could out of it and it’s time to post and move on

4 Likes

okay i keep listening to this and i think what i don’t like is that i can hear the uncertainty and self-consciousness in it. i think i would naturally spend more time in some of these segments but i cut them off to try and fit this song into a shorter time. i’m probably going to re-record this but in a real indulgent way. it’ll probably come out to like 8 minutes but at this point i’m mostly making music that i want to hear, so that’s fine

I thought the segments evolved really smoothly and naturally!

1 Like

6 Likes

went ahead and made a rock n roll EP

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 9.47.15 PM

(also on spotify & apple)

of all the different versions of the song old people that have popped up on this forum over the years, the one on here is easily…the newest

7 Likes

relistening to this, it reminds me of the first time i heard this track:

gushing

which is not to say that i think it’s necessarily tonally similar, but that it reminds me of the feeling of hearing something really remarkable for the first time. like, specifically something that is not quite like anything else on earth.

it also has this feeling of a bunch of unruly ideas somehow being corralled into something resembling order. what if popcorn was an orchestra? i guess part of why i like this so much is that i have a hard time describing it, it’s communicating something in the music that can’t be communicated with words.

anyway as always i love your music and feel lucky to be on the same planet as you

2 Likes

this rules

“old people are still people but older” is gonna live in my head for a long time

2 Likes

i still insert old people lyrics into quips and asides irl

1 Like

i have never let go of this song, and enjoyed sticking it on here where i could. it was still so cool of sleazy to make a video with it

i hope this is the last version lol

1 Like

my first time working with samples, wasn’t sure where to go with this so it’s just sort of an ambient track that keeps going on and on. i had to stop it somewhere so it just kinda stops.

i had a ton of fun with this and i’m happy with how the drums turned out but i just didn’t know how to build a track around it. this is the Amen Break run through a vocoder and distorted to hell.

craiyon prompt is ambient radiation face - you can see the original below to compare to what i ended up getting out of it:

ambient dnb

A more explicitly ambient track, just kinda vibing in this one. It’s as simple as could be but I dig it.

Prompt was Galaxy Face, this was the original:

growl

Extremely happy with this track - it came out sounding like a little alien trying to communicate some important idea but getting increasingly frustrated and eventually giving up. I mean, to me anyway.

Prompt was “crying nebula face” and original was this:

distant transmission

not sure i improved it but w/e

3 Likes

my song that appears on my friend’s (very very good) kinda country-ish album

5 Likes

More bespoke stuff! Pretty happy with this, could always take a second pass though. Continuing to define my aesthetic of “I kind of want this to sound like it’s going to explode at some point” and “clipping is good”.

Very happy with my continuous output the past few weeks!!

2 Likes

1 Like