Share & Talk About Your Music

fascinating, thanks for the breakdown

another jam! it’s october! SPOOOOkyyyyyy

3 Likes

i have a new track i finished for something. it’s an actual song with singing (which i haven’t done for like 10+ years now outside this one-off collab with a friend) and i was really really nervous about it. i still think i have a lot to learn with handling vocals but i worked really really hard on the arrangement/production of the track itself and i think everything worked out well considering.

4 Likes

kinda feels like an update to what was going on with japan’s tin drum

1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

new piano improvisation “petite”

20211103_impr03_c

via meauxdal.neocities.org

…oh, there’s also this: 20211103_impr02_c

2 Likes

unmixed as fuck/lots of clipping still but this track 4 my game is really starting to work out lol

3 Likes

ohh this is so filled-out and crunchy! love the vibe. and clipping aside the mix actually sounds great on my phone speaker (also i love clipping)

1 Like

having some weird up and downs with my guitar learning. as tomo-sensei says “don’t expect too fast”, but nevertheless i am expecting too fast. i think i’m trying to learn too much at once and sort of drinking from the firehose. whom can relate

artfeelz

1 Like
3 Likes

demo for a song i wrote called ‘only one’ (with vocals)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12SskjO5m4L85d7crgbMbcIRdMBgqde8W/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

just got back from tracking an album in four days. I’m never doing that again!!! still needs mixing mastering etc but I’m super happy with how it’s turning out. this stupid power pop thing is my current fave, also has baby’s first ever guitar solo on it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nDFJJywtWv1OQKoAHYWuUu6FEQ5QmBd9/view?usp=sharing

3 Likes

4 Likes

this is nice

1 Like
6 Likes
7 Likes

this bumps!

getting back into singing recently

my memory may be unreliable but i recall being able to hit a B1 and do 3-odd octaves back in hs/college. Nowadays it seems i’m more of a true baritone, something like an E2 → A4 type of range. just trying to work on control and timbre within my wheelhouse, and i’d like to expand my high range too to get some of those pretty lead lines. thinking about like, Hozier type stuff.

protip if you have asthma: inhaled corticosteroids will fuck up your voice, they can cause physiological changes in the vocal folds. i only got put on them two months ago and it rendered me basically unable to sing or even hold a pitch in tune. since significantly reducing my dosage a couple days back, my range and pitch control is way way improved. hoping to get off them completely assuming my symptoms stay in check

1 Like