Sanada's Warriors Romance of Kingdom Legends Extreme Dynasties Part 3049

Going to add to the musou music pile with my ps2 favs

2 Likes

i just realized there are more than 5 levels but the first 2 levels are the same for every kingdom’s heroes
gotta play more dw2

1 Like

i would be streaming but i’m still at work
later i will be streaming tho
playing as xiahou dun now

i just killed zhang jiao with a 32-hit cheesy jump attack combo and the game gave me a 20-pack of arrows lol

2 Likes

this is why i like warriors orochi cuz killing a guy in a stupid way and having him explode like a pinata of shit is awesome

4 Likes

if i remember right, in the early games, every character had a bow in addition to their main weapon, and you could expend your musou meter to shoot it like a machine gun

2 Likes

because of this thread I started playing dw8xl on the switch

I think I might like the traditional dynasty warriors style the most? I remember when I first played dw2 it felt like what the future of beat em ups would be like with these huge (seemingly dynamic) maps and the ability to pick and choose how you’d wield your own influence as a one man army

the weird thing was that the spinoffs past samurai warriors seemed to atomize the encounters in a pretty restrictive way, and I was kind of bummed by the way the gundam musou games did it because everything else about those games was exactly what I wanted

3 Likes

has anyone played the latest dynasty warriors? i tried the demo and found it kind of uh basically unplayable, despite aesthetically being 100% my shit, but i can’t tell if it is actually bad for the series or if i’m just not used to this type of game

2 Likes

I adore dynasty warriors 9

7 Likes

ugh that sounds amazing i need to give it another shot

2 Likes

DW9 is incredibly weird for the series, it’s a huge beautiful mess and good for totally different reasons

2 Likes

fox woman

skilled in all strategy

6 Likes

oh my GOD don’t get me too excited for the NINTH MAINLINE ENTRY i have like 30 games to get thru VERONICA

3 Likes

listening to this for inspiration

4 Likes

i finished xiahou dun’s story in musou mode (in dw2)! i was trying to start grinding someone else but i gotta sleep

1 Like

AND THAT’S HOW IT’S DONE
trying this right now on my stream
2 Likes

(still talking about dw2, haven’t moved on to 3 just yet)

wtf
so first of all 1000 KOs on hu lao gate DOES NOT unlock lu bu in free mode - it must be done in musou mode aaaaaaaaaa

luckily beating musou mode with one character from each kingdom DOES unlock lu bu so i’ve got him now

only missing 4 generals now, but in order to unlock those naturally i’d need to finish something like 20 more musou modes, so 100 more levels, jesus christ

SO yeah i might be done with dw2 now? i’m happy to have unlocked most of the content including diao chan and lu bu and having seen the endings for all 3 kingdoms. i want to unlock sun quan and shit but holy fuck that’s a journey

4 Likes

move on!
there are so many dw’s that you can skip that little bit of content easily.

yeah, the thing to do with DW games in general is pick one of them, play it exhaustively, and then leave them alone for a good long time.

1 Like

did one more musou campaign (dian wei)
that dude is a beast and i see why people use him to speedrun

thoughts on the game:
easy / normal / hard is kind of a sham in this game. on normal, you’re going to have to grind your character up in free mode past the first two levels. however, on easy, you can get through the entire game without grinding. it seems like you should generally start on easy and then push up to higher difficulties when your character is a little stronger, though it might be worth it to leave at least the first two levels on normal, which are balanced OK (second level will be hard, but doable).

some weird mechanics. the optimal way to kill generals fast is to never knock them down, because on getting up the game will gift them a power up, including possibly a full life recovery. this, i can’t stress this enough, feels like fucking bullshit, especially if you’re not in the know. it’s not the worst once you understand how it works, but it’s weird and i know a lot of people struggled with this element. on the other hand, it’s exactly that “weird beatemup mechanic” i kind of like, so i’m not exactly opposed overall. but something to know! lots of things to know.

all character upgrades are the same on easy as they are on hard, so you can grind characters or complete musou mode on any difficulty with no penalty. it’s purely preference. important information!

the special stat is mostly determined by how many of your bodyguards survived the level. if all of them survive, you get a huge bonus.

defense seems to control something that works like poise does in dark souls. in other words, your attacks are going to be interrupted a lot if your defense sucks. this sucks, because the enemy non-generals in dw2 are actually really fucking strong depending on your stats.

2 Likes