Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

My local GameTraders has Conker’s Bad Fur Day for N64 for $349 AUD, is that normal?

JUMP TO THE RHYTHM

CONTROL YOUR DESIRE

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT

1 Like

I’ll sell it to you for half that >_>

I don’t really want to buy it, just somewhat baffled that that game in particular would be worth almost as much as a current gen console. The box wasn’t even in good condition

They also had Shining Force 2 for $99, which is a lot less crazy but still seems steep for a Mega Drive game you can get on Steam for a few bucks

Well I remember when I bought it, which was the day it came out, I also bought another N64 and it was the last bunch they were selling here, and it cost like $30 or something. So I imagine it was a pretty small run.

I beat it happily like five months ago in cemu (right after selling my wiiu because I did not expect it to be good) and it’s only improved since

Yes. The Xbox version also commands a high price.

Has saturn emulation reached the level of mednafen for psx?

No. But it is good enough to play pretty much anything.

1 Like

Did you kids behave while we were away?

1 Like
2 Likes

Are there any SBers from around Chicago? The Moon Fields just got accepted to the Logan Theater Playtest Party. It’s a juried exhibition for indie games, and the winner gets a booth at C2E2.

http://thelogantheatre.com/index.php/events/playtest-party

4 Likes

Somebody answer my Undertale question.

Ok, it’s about time I get serious about the music for The Moon Fields. Instead of cold calling the folks I like and hoping they’re into the project, I put together an ad on TIGSource. Essentially if I was to put together a formula for what I want it’s like 50% chill hang out music, 25% zelda, 20% 90s PSX RPGs, and the rest is chip tunes vs hip hop.

Anyways, I’m posting in SB because 1) I think you guys are the coolest and maybe someone makes this kinda of music or 2) most definitely some of you guys know folks interested in making Zelda The Fighter + actual Zelda.

4 Likes

I kind of want to use Unity to make something. I noticed there are some tool kits for specific genres (2d sidescroller, rpg, et cetera) – do those eliminate some of the programming knowledge needed or would there still be a lot of programming involved? i was thinking about checking out either the rex engine, corgi engine, or the ORK engine. Does anybody have any experience with those?

1 Like

@The_Blueberry_Hill should be able to help with that one?

1 Like

anyone played this?

surprised it didn’t get more fanfare on release…

I don’t actually have any experience with… unity frameworks? But i assume so? Like they’ll at least include setup objects and scripts for dealing with inventories or bullet patterns or whatever. Unity’s pretty easy to Google help/code snippets for too. Make a thread if you start working on something!

I’ve kinda stopped using it, but happy to offer some outdated help.

I assume you have to pay for all these things though?

edit: After looking at them: The RPG one looks fun to mess with, but if you wanna do 2-D stuff Unity’s still kinda weird for that (it’s getting better though). Like they only just added decent support for tiled backgrounds : - / But if you’re more interested in learning Unity than making a 2-D game go for it! Otherwise I’d recommend Clickteam or Construct or Gamemaker. One good thing about Unity is that it does a much better job exporting to different platforms than any of those do.

1 Like

Find that image of an expensive car with Melty in the background.

there it is