Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

I would’ve eaten my left arm for a game like this in college

I played for five minutes and thought it was just a pretty game that was pretty clunky. :confused:

Recently I noticed this was finally on steam and the reviews were pretty mixed! Which can mean anything, really. As could an RPS article, according to some SBers.

Only trust your fists, reviews will never help you.

3 Likes

except reviews from http://lunaticobscurity.blogspot.com
they will always help you

4 Likes

RPS only writes about games that are either extremely mainstream or ‘interesting to write about but not to actually play’

Usually they manage to pick out the games in that latter category that are dreadful to play

1 Like

just @ you next time, I know

3 Likes

Is FFXV’s multiplayer good? It looks kinda fun

What is the sb-approved best difficulty setting for playing Vanquish?

All right, thanks. I kind of wanted to do something in 3D because I want to do something like ICO, (or Let It Die, or both). I want something that’ll give me some control over the environments, I guess, if that makes sense. Maybe I’ll mess around with doing some stuff in the programs you mentioned first.

I watched some tutorial videos for the ORK Framework and it doesn’t seem too complicated, but he didn’t really go over constructing the environments or anything, but I didn’t dive too deep into the videos. There’s a lot of cool assets in the Unity Store. Maybe if this stuff costs me some money I’ll feel more compelled to put time into it.

There are some free models with animations (there’s also a built-in guy) and level building plugin you can get free in the asset shop. All the basic scripts for moving characters and stuff is already in Unity. Definitely give if a go if you want to do 3-D.

is armoured core v playable or it community dependent?

How can I, an idiot who hasn’t emulated a game in almost 15 years, play Terranigma?

1 Like

do you want to play thru it once? on normal it’s easy to fall into playing it like a cover shooter but it’s fine. do you want to get mad into it? normal, then hard, then the challenges and GOD HARD imo

3 Likes

If you’re on Mac, OpenEmu is arguably the easiest to use. Otherwise, you might want to prepare yourself to learn some RetroArch (which isn’t that steep – there’s just weird idiomatic stuff at first) and then you won’t have to learn individual emulators any more.

1 Like

Cool, I will download RetroArch today. Also, where do people find ROMs these days? I swear that I am not the police

emuparadise, emu-russia, and romhustler are all reliable

This wiki is pretty good and informative on all things emulation (including where to get your ROMs) and it’s only very occasionally that you notice the signs that it’s run by a 4chan board.

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Another question: is the new Prey worth playing?

it’s a really solid piece of work in a lot of respects but I was just not into enough of what it was doing in the first couple hours

if you want a bioshock-style game that’s actually good and you’re tolerant of weird pacing and deliberately annoying enemies and initially clumsy shooting, absolutely

One note: if you are good with mouse and keyboard controls, the new Prey is much easier to deal with on PC than on the PS4 because the deliberately annoying enemies are actually hard to deal with console fps controls whereas they’re just annoying on PC.

New Prey is very good and is more like a modernized Arx Fatalis than it is like bioshock (it encourages creative environmental traversal quite a bit after all)

2 Likes