melee island (fighting game club)

Continuing the discussion from FGC##201Xrd Reload[st] - Now on Steam! (Part 1) - #3240 by doolittle.

Previous discussions:

I continue to be lost in the world of BBCF. where the fuck was I in 2015 or 16 or whenever this game came out. I literally didn’t even know it existed. I know in 16 I was playing SFV instead. what a depressing thought. tager is a supremely stupid character, but damn if I don’t love him.

4 Likes

saw the perfect video to show people who complain about inputs/combos. essence of look at the screen.

7 Likes

today I found out that ggac+r has a replay take over feature that allows you to rewind or fastforward to any point in any replay you have saved on your computer, and then take over either character in that replay from whatever point you choose. you can then reset back to the point you chose with one button. this is the single greatest feature I’ve ever seen in a fighting game, and I am now mad that it isn’t in every single game I’ve ever played. I would fucking CRY if they put this in BBCF – I can’t think of a game that would benefit from it more. please, someone, give me this one thing

6 Likes

i definitely would love to do my Ls over
i would go wild with this power

1 Like

Oh rad

I guess that’s possible when you’ve implemented rollback netcode? You just need to set a larger game state buffer and then save the whole thing off. Like a higher-fidelity racing game replay.

1 Like
3 Likes

They’re escaping!

4 Likes

she traded an arm and an eye for those bazongas

1 Like

Every now and then, I catch myself thinking about DNF Duel and Inquisitor’s big stupid wheel of fire (lemme use it)

2 Likes

For literally the same thumbnail art as the official Strive trailer lol

4 Likes

great VA. cool samsho deflect animations

I still loathe that they changed her DEDICATED GUARD CANCEL into a PUNISHABLE PARRY and refuse to change it back :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

https://selectbutton.net/t/sb-melty-blood-fight-club/10838

1 Like

Speakin’ of Melty Aoko, this part a few seconds into this timestamp video made me laugh really hard:

I forgot you can just do that

Chipp: No Baiken, you’re stuck to me now.

2 Likes

Join “The Fighting Game Club” of SB, it’s here, sb fighting friends come play fighting games

2 Likes

we’ve been playing guilty gear AC+R lately. if you don’t own that game, it’s 3 dollars now! you can’t have more fun for 3 dollars!

1 Like

it’s literally the best one! it’s got the roster! it’s got rollback!

1 Like

sometimes fighting games are fun! this slayer doesn’t agree!

6 Likes
1 Like