Anarchy in the Splatlands (the thread formerly known as The Splatoon 2 Thread)

“choose where you spawn” sounds like a concession/remedy for those who would complain of being spawn camped

to which I say “play better and you won’t get camped :boh:

So do we pronounce the L in Salmonid because I desperately want to

It would help differentiate them from these guys: Samanid Empire - Wikipedia

1 Like

no, it’s still silent

Oh my god It’s Burning Man.

2 Likes

Splatoon fandom funnies are among some of the strongest

1 Like

i got a cheap copy of this off facebook marketplace

it’s really really fun! those bite-size matches are just perfect

3 Likes

ooh you lil puke

The gyro controls are great!

1 Like
10 Likes

did anyone play the splatfest other day? the bow seems dumb but also its silly three-in-one situation is kind of fiddly and fun. i didn’t try the bucket but i feel like it might be my bread-and-butter in 2

1 Like

I was visiting a friend and was unable to play but I’m very excited about the new game.

Hoping the story mode is like the DLC from 2.

1 Like

the thing with the bow is you have to jump before letting a shot go, which aligns the three shots vertically, which is the only reasonable way to get a clean one-hit kill

so it’s perfectly made for the legion of Japanese children who are constantly jumping and shooting and also they literally introduced a new gear main stat that’s “shoot better while jumping”

2 Likes

i was aerospray-pilled in S2 and i kept that up in the beta, but maybe i’ll change that up, i did realize that i don’t really remember how to play in general. it did start to click a little after a few games…

yeah though i’m very hype. might finally play octo expansion in the meantime actually, now that i’ve got the itch

still lolling at the tcg minigame in 3 too

1 Like

I don’t know if this is going to end up being the case in retail but the map schedule that was viewable in the Testfire implied Slamon Run is just open all the time

everyone that was yelling about it, you can stop now

1 Like

believe they specified it was always open, though there’s some special event that sounds like it will only pop up periodically (salmonids invade town? or something)

movin’ on over to talking about that there Splatoon 3 in here

Salmon Run is still good

the campaign is like a mix of the main campaigns of 1 and 2 and the challenges of Octo Expansion

I seriously think Nintendo is outdoing every other shootman single handedly, by the virtue of they don’t make em like this anymore: good single player, meaty multiplayer, coop mode, an actual good lobby, all of it

this thing is going to sell like crazy and every other dev is going to continue to ignore it for some reason

4 Likes

I’m hoping this reinvigorates the scene and by the scene I mean the half dozen people on this board who play Splatoon.

2 Likes

I bought it despite having played 0 splatoon other than the original Wii U campaign emulated and possibly one or the other online multiplayer demos

2 Likes

i’m tossing up whether to buy just it for A$72 after the little points bonus or get one of those voucher pairs you can still do here and get… uh idk metroid or something with the other one? is there anything exciting coming out in the next year, when’s that new zelda due etc