Anarchy in the Splatlands (the thread formerly known as The Splatoon 2 Thread)

I think if you put your Switch on a not-email list you can get free stuff?
https://twitter.com/jojolibon/status/1047584606659047425

I would play with anyone who wanted to

1 Like

i want to play too

SALMON RUN IS UP IN AN HOUR

SQUAD UP MOTHERFUCKERS

yaaaaaaay.

is there a discord or something?

They really had some good artwork made for the weirdest splatfests like the toilet paper one

1 Like

Is it too late to have good times with this one? Iā€™m considering buying it but I realize itā€™s been nearly three years since it released

iā€™ve resolved myself to waiting for splatoon 3 or 2+ or some shit personally

but i bet itā€™s still fun

thereā€™s nothing that would prevent it from being fun still! the infrastructure is still there and itā€™s not like thereā€™s any weapon that is far and away better than any other weapon so youā€™ll still be able to jump into the modes and have a good time

Sweet! I just saw that they had the last Splatfest and Iā€™m not quite sure what that isā€¦but I missed it.

I think in return at least they now actually let you use any of the past splatfest themed maps as well as paint colours.

1 Like

I should really get back into this as well now that I have good internet

Will load up and see how long it takes for me to get a J-game tonight.

1 Like

I was literally just playing some splatoon 2 after a months-long hiatus! Had no issues finding matches in ranked, though Iā€™m in Australia, so I usually match with Japanese players. Salmon run could be a different story though. Was pretty rusty jumping back into X rank after not having played for such a long time!

Splatfest is fun for the sense of occasion that it brings, but youā€™re really not missing much now that itā€™s gone. Splatoon has always been about the ranked modes. One of my favourite things about it is that thereā€™s only one mode and two maps in rotation in any given two-hour window, so you always need to be strategic about picking a loadout to best suit the current rotation.

Quick tip: although it feels weird at first, donā€™t give up on motion controls! Youā€™ll hit a ceiling pretty quickly if you opt for sticks.

2 Likes

Salmon Run has always done matchmaking internationally, so finding a game for that is never an issue

1 Like

oh ben are we switch friends? if thereā€™s an AU kid on there then i might have to track down a copy

I donā€™t believe we are! Friend code is SW-8530-2547-0129. I now seem to be back into this game, which Iā€™m not sure is a good thing? I often find myself playing for a ā€˜quick sessionā€™ only to find that several hours have passed.

Turns out this wasnā€™t actually the final splatfest and theyā€™re starting it up again today by rerunning the blood and cum one.

EDIT: Along with a sale, a time limited demo and a week of free Nintendo online

2 Likes

They had a tweet thread with actually a lot of info about Splatoon 3

1 Like

Wait, does the ā€œchoose their landing spotā€ detail mean that weā€™re going to get a BR mode? Maybe not, the map looks like a typically dense rectangle. But stillā€¦