2 0 1 8

I can’t think of any game I’m really excited for, even though there are dozens I want to play.

Curious about some titles, but they don’t even have release dates, so maybe they won’t be released this year

According to the latest Kickstarter update, Radio the Universe will finally be done by year’s end. I’ve been waiting a long time.

1 Like

Paprium is still coming. Just got an update today that they had some problem with the chip. And are maling changes. And like throwing around the best megadrive game ever so uhhh let’s say hopes are high because of how they are talking about their own product.

To the shock of no one shenmue 3 delayed to 2019.

1 Like

To appease the gods of EEE, i need to publicly proclaim that Ace Combat 7 is still MIA, so that I am proven wrong asap by a new trailer.

Done so, now give me that trailer, BAMCO, :handshake:?

2 Likes

My first one was closer.

7 Likes

right now my favourite games of the year, by some margin, are Forza Horizon 4, Planetoid Pioneers, and Deadfire, none of which were on my radar in January.

so that’s neat

still hoping for KRZ this year, still meaning to check out Wreckfest and Sprint Vector and Spiderman, not sure if we’ll get Outer Wilds or Pathologic, and also generally liked Bloodstained, Monhun, Dead Cells, and Six Ages a lot

also not expecting Hitman or Just Cause to be any worse than their predecessors which were two of my favourite bigger games from earlier this generation but am not in a huge hurry to get to either

yeah i got this right

i haven’t played all that many 2018 games, curse of the moon was a nice surprise and i’m pretty sure the iga bloodstained won’t be as good
this is also the first year in, what, 11 that i’ve been interested in playing cod

If Zero Ranger isn’t my favorite game of the year it is because I found a game that is so good I don’t play anything else for the rest of my life.

1 Like

lol

This year I picked up Sky Force Reloaded, Dragon Quest Builders, Hollow Knight, I am Setsuna, Subsurface Circular, State of Mind, and LA Noire. Of those 7, Hollow Knight was definitely my favourite. Sky Force and Setsuna tie for number 2.

I’ll probably grab one more game in December while I’m in between terms at school. Maybe Dark Souls Remastered, V-Rally 4 (if it’s out on Switch by then), Zarvot, or Gear.Club Unlimited 2 (I had some fun with the original, but I thought it was a pretty lackluster overall, yet the one gameplay video I’ve seen of the sequel looks like a massive improvement).

My favorite game this year is Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] because my life took a weird turn I guess

2 Likes

I think the only new games I’ve played this year are FGs, Yakuzas, and Cultist Simulator.

Oh wait I played two VNs that I hated too.

I’m hip and with it…!

I’m sorry

as for me I can’t remember anything I played this year and Ace Combat is out in January so

dito, AC7 pushed to 2019 makes it an easy year for me:

Acquired this year:
Horizon4, Detroit, Warriors Orochi 3/Dynasty 8/Samurai Warriors4/Romance OTTK 13, ProjectCars2 on PC, and some free PS+ titles.

Properly played:
Nier2 again, Forza 7, Orochi 3, Detroit:BH and PrjCars2.

=> that singles out Horizon4 as the contender for 2018 honors. Let’s see whether late 2018 changes anything, though i doubt it at this point, because: time.

OK here’s where I’m at if I don’t play any more new stuff this year:

1. Planetoid Pioneers – funniest, most expansive physics game or 2D metrovania I’ve played in years, with actual level design.
  2. Forza Horizon 4
  3. Deadfire
  4. Sprint Vector
  5. Mirror Drop
  6. Wreckfest
  7. Six Ages
  8. Dead Cells
  9. Bloodstained
  10. Monhun
2 Likes

did not play (because couldn’t, but want to): Astro Bot

did not play (despite good reception, because didn’t want to): God of War, RDR2, Celeste

played, but didn’t love (despite indie prestige): Obra Dinn, Into the Breach, I thought of one other game in this category while walking the dog the other day but can’t remember it

played, newly recognized along with everyone else, even though it’s technically now 3 years old: Siege

gosh bloodstained really is good isn’t it

1 Like