2 0 1 8

gams of the future

battletech is due in the first half of the year, I haven’t played any of the early access builds and harebrained are only OK at tactical combat in my experience prior to now but this looks thoughtfully done

overload is a VR game and the only really good nu-descent so far and will be leaving early access soonish

monster hunter world is, among other things, the game that MT framework was designed for, vesting after a decade

noita looks like an heir to spelunky’s legacy if it comes out anytime soon

pathologic 2 has been pushed back to sometime in the first several months of the year but is looking very good and spoopy

UFO 50 is by all accounts incredibly solid and will almost certainly have a handful of classics contained within

kentucky route zero will be releasing its final episode and its console ports, no more need be said

the tingler will occur

spyparty recently got added to steam after years and years and chris hecker will probably replace all the graphics at least twice more but who can say

and onrush looks decent imo but I have a soft spot for arcade racers of which there aren’t too many these days

3 Likes

Travis Strikes Again!

1 Like

Personally looking forward to these titles:
Ace Combat 7, and this detroit game on the PS4. No idea what else is gonna be released atm, so i am easy to be impressed.

DRAGON QUEST XI

i have yakuza fatigue right now as predicted in the 2017 thread but 6 is due fairly soon in the west with a new engine and then there’s hokuto ga gotoku

5 Likes

No Truce with The Furies

Yakuza games are a no-brainer ofc.

Spider-Man by Insomniac and Red Dead 2 are the ones I’m most looking forward to.

Biomutant looks cool. Yoshi looks charming. Psychonauts 2 might manifest. Crackdown 3 might not suck. God of War might be okay. Ni No Kuni 2 looks beautiful and there will be a new Yakuza. Kind of interested to see how Detroit: Become Human turns out. Ghost of Tsushima probably won’t come out since it just got announced but it would be neat if it did.

psychonauts 2 and rdr2 do look cool
metal gear survive: playerunknown’s battlegrounds 2
all the new tekken 7 characters that will probably come out
bloodstained??
a barkley 2 leak. its gonna be like jai paul

I’m hype for this and can’t really articulate why I’ve got any faith in it

Barkley 2

3 Likes

Because it looks like it could be really awesome if they can turn their tech demo into an actual game. I think that’s why you have faith in it. I want it to be cool because it looks cool and I want to be a furry fox cat ninja creature.

Also in 2018 is that Shadow of the Colossus remake which looks pretty well remade from the trailers. I don’t know if I need to play it again but I probably will.

Dragon Quest Builders is coming out for Switch so that’s all I care about

If Spelunky 2 comes out in 2018 (I’d imagine it won’t), that’d qualify as the only thing I care about.

But as it is I’m interested in UFO 50, Iconoclasts, and Noita–which I just found about from this thread.

1 Like

I was vaguely bummed to learn that hokuto ga gotoku is the Y5/0 engine rather than the Y6/K2 engine, because the combat looks a lot more fluid in the latter and I want to try it but I’m not 100% on buying either of the games currently being made in it

I’m not really prehyped that much for RDR2 because the first one occupied a special time and place and idk if rockstar can do that again when I wasn’t interested enough in playing gta4/5 in the first place but we’ll see! similarly doubtful that the sucker punch ninja game will be anything more than a horizonesque blend of dire competence (I should play nioh first maybe) but I’m open to being pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

MOUNT & BLADE 2: BANNERLORD

ok sisbros, this is ACTUALLY going to come out this year, i can feel it. i am 100% confident this will be game of the year. fuck all these other games!

FUCK THEM

2 Likes

people are still making videogames next year :thinking:

2 Likes

999 moons

1 Like

tired of souls citing tough action games but something abt radio the universe has my interest piqued. maybe that will come out. maybe barkley 2 will as well. id even give mother4 a whirl

hadnt heard of no truce with the furies and ufo 50. they look good

I think this is still narrowly expected this year!

PSO2 for the Switch, right?

1 Like

i’ve never finished a yakuza game, but i have enjoyed every one i have played.

it’s all about the side-stories

1 Like