Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Do you folks think I’ll get all 120 shrines without a guide before the year is up?

I will eat one (1) pistachio for each shrine you complete without a guide in 2018

5 Likes

eat 2 then, cuz that’s what i got so far, just need 10

1 Like

Down the hatch

8 Likes

doing all the shrines at least once was totally worth it. there are some wicked cool ones like the pitch-black island and the ruined temple full of guardians.

Never going to do it again
it’s nice to be able to walk into one and have it be some motion control bullshit and skip out like NOPE thanks for the warp point

1 Like

The first two motion control shrines I encountered I solved with lateral thinking instead because I didn’t even know motion control shrines were a thing. I love that the game allows you to do that.

1 Like

the first motion control one i did i kinda just bounced the ball to the goal, after like, an hour of both myself and my fiance trying to navigate the maze

1 Like

The maze shrines I just flipped the whole thing over and used the flat bottom surface.

1 Like

i did all of those!! and i appreciated that they were usable situations. whatever form BotW’s sequel takes i hope that flexibility is carried forward most. However i did not feel like spinning the tablet all over the place in order to brute force those unorthodox methods, when i could have instead been shieldboarding down grass mountains.

2 Likes

btw i recc the roads down from Hateno and Akkala labs for carving up slopes

also you can parachute whilst shieldsurfing and switch shields mid slope

don’t use shields for actually blocking unless you are parrying guardian lasers like a cool cat :bbcool:

why use shields when you have daruk

1 Like

Yes! but why even Daruk them when you can jump out of the way and MUDA MUDA MUDA them off of a cliff

My hard mode replay of this game has really made me appreciate how involved the various villagers’ routines are. Did you know that in Kakariko Village one of the children cries for roughly an hour at her mother’s grave every day? Or that there’s a guy in Lurelin Village (the fishing one) that you can keep lending money to feed his gambling addiction if you talk to him during the day when it rains? I’ve yet to see him win though and pay me back…

Has anyone managed to complete the Master Trials from the first DLC? Because I’m starting to think it might actually be impossible on Hard Mode. This hot new tech that’s being discovered might just help me next time though:

EDIT: whoa on rewatching 5:21 here. had no idea that you could use blue chu chu jelly to drench enemies and make them weak to electric attacks
7 Likes

I’m sorry, these are the last pistachios you will ever eat.

I had to sell my wii u, and consequentially zeld, so i’ll never get those shrines (until I get a switch)

Aw nuts. I’ll miss pistachios.

f

Bad Post

i started playing this on sunday

one piece left to buy for the cute ninja outfit. i haven’t really used money for anything else

i rushed for the gerudo clothes because i hate myself but if pronouns+etc don’t change outside Hilarious Misandry Land what’s the point. can’t you at least give me that, nintendo. meet me halfway here. these ninja clothes are supposed to be “stealth up” but they’re clearly not working either

remember kids, you can change your heart containers into stamina wheels but you can’t change your gender

i’m probably gonna quit over this at some point because it is really hard to love something that hates that i exist

also because weapon durability is dumb

it’s almost 6 AM lol kill me

2 Likes

this 10,000 year old monk’s life work to prepare you for facing the Ultimate Evil is rolling a ball around in a maze using motion controls

edit: i didn’t even realize this was one of the last things people talked about in this thread. glad i still belong here

1 Like

what is this bullshit, game dropped

7 Likes

Video title is misleading; this is about exploring beyond the master trails’ rooms. Quite beautiful and strange.
1 Like