Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Just noticed this:

I beat Ganon. It took me a while longer than it should have because I forgot that I could parry his laser attacks (and Iā€™d been avoiding guardians so I never had a reason to really learn it).

That was a good game! Itā€™s easily in my top three for game of the year and will likely stay there for the rest of the year. (Snake Pass and Prey are my other two, if you were wondering)

Note to self for master mode: Learn how to parry consistently in general combat.

this game is like, the best open world game ive played, it actually feels like, lived in

4 Likes

On Eventide Island, I accidentally knocked the highest orb off the cliff with a bomb intended for a monster. I spent a lot of time trying to get it back up using various methods, with no luck.

A targeted bombing got me the closest, but the blast was much too strong and the orb ended up in the water on the other side of the island every time.

This eventually gave me the idea that the orbā€™s position might reset based on distance, and I blasted it way out into the water. This worked, but it felt cheap since I probably could have got it back up there eventually some other way.

1 Like

Playing master mode. Doing the thing where you kill the three bokoblins to get the Maracas back for tree boy. Ran in with my horse, let horse be a distraction while I take out two of them. Horse kicks the third bokoblin off a cliff butā€¦it doesnā€™t die.

I spent the next 5 minutes dropping bombs on it to try and knock it into the nearby river so I could open the chest. I actually thought it was great.

Bleah, I had blasted an orb way out into the water by accident, couldnā€™t see it anymore, and just reloaded to the beginning of Eventide instead of checking to see if it had respawned in its original location.

i blasted an orb too, but resting at a fire fixed it

This made me laugh out loud

Edit : fuck I didnā€™t even read the next line

6 Likes

Random NPC dialogue is just so good in this one. Up there with Dragon Quests.

1 Like

When I reached the Yiga hideout, I remembered that someone in this thread had said something about an annoying stealth segment. I was surprised to get through the area with no problem. I even discovered that after reaching the end the place became deserted and I could go back and pick up all the treasure I had skipped.

Tonight I learned that I had been mistaken in assuming that was the annoying stealth part. As for the real thing, I donā€™t think Iā€™m going to bother trying to finish it. One thing I appreciate about it, however, is the ā€œHalfway there!ā€ comment that just has to be an attempt to infuriate the player.

Edit: Okay, I might as well admit to myself that of course Iā€™m going to keep at it until I finish it. Though I canā€™t say the same for that golf shrine (the only one that remains orange on my map).

oh man I loved the golf shrine even though the touch controls were a nightmare in cemu

I did in fact finish the game without doing the gerudo stuff tho

Stealth trick: bombs are as good as bananas

Oh, what I meant was that I had no problem at all with the Yiga stealth part. It was quite easy. What Iā€™m having trouble with is following the Korok kid through the forest. He always gets me when the wolf appears.

Oh nvm I had wayyyy more trouble with the part you already did

The next time I tried that Lost Pilgrimage part, I beat it with no problem. I guess itā€™s just like some levels in R-Type that you have to learn before you can get through them, only without the appeal of an R-Type level.

I think Iā€™m right on the verge of finishing the game. Iā€™ve explored most of the world and have just one of the four beasts remaining. I realized last night that after being intimidated by the free-roaming guardians early on, I had never bothered trying to fight them. They really arenā€™t all that tough.

I guess I will try the golf shrine one more time, since itā€™s the only thing Iā€™ve come across but left undone (other than a few shrine chests that I just had no idea how to reach).

1 Like

I finally tamed the sweetest dang horse thing, the Lord of the Mountain/Satori; our time together was brief but magical

There arenā€™t really any good gifs of it Iā€™ve found by either its English or Japanese name, but it is beautiful, would recommend following all mysterious lights

1 Like

4 Likes

Have you tried any of the other languages? Latin American Spanish has the ebst set of voices out of them all I believe

I like the Russian voices! I didnā€™t try until after beating the game so idk about the cutscenes, but I really like the reads for when ur abilities are ready.

First episode of Danny Oā€™Dwyerā€™s new thing, Dannyā€™s Disk Club: