Wolfenstein

I appreciate your post wrt historical German nazis but this is literally what white supremacy and American Nazism is and has been for a long time. The masquerade that racial purity by forced relocation is somehow nonviolent is not new at all

well, Nazis had the take over the world, interment camp kinda thing going.

OK, but it is a bit disingenuous to act like the parallels between german nazis and uhhh organizations like “The American Nazi Party” are fabulated entirely by the demonizing opposition. Same goes as well for white nationalist orgs who “irreverently” incorporate nazi imagery and symbolism into their own movements “to piss the libs off” or whatever. You can’t fuck with that stuff so regularly and nonchalantly and then act all offended and misrepresented when people are like “You are a nazi.”

[don’t want to derail this thread anymore, well, it’s debatable whether this is a derail or not, but here https://selectbutton.net/t/trumpocalypse-now/3796/4211]

I wasn’t saying anything remotely like that. I agree with you.

Also I would say that the first Neufenstein was actually explicitly political and it was totally a leftist power fantasy and it was great.

2 Likes

Nazis took inspiration from jim crow laws and we took in nazis after the war. ICE is putting people in internment camps everyday, we just have enough sense to outsource the final work of murdering the occupants to the countries we deport them too, and the number of middle eastern and african and central and south american and southeast asian countries we’re not at war with or working to destabilize and overthrow is probably like 2 or so at this point. some green berets were just killed in niger because only 90s kids remember congressional declarations of war. america is a cancer on this planet

1 Like

then i guess this game isn’t going to work for you very well.

you fight with communists and black panther types and in the first one jimi hendrix tells you white people were the nazis back in america. pretty sure the game isn’t about restoring pre-ww2 white american status quo or pretending like it was all hunky dory

2 Likes

that’s pretty sweet.

feeling like i should play The New Order again because i did the path that didn’t have Jimi Hendrix in it and only sadly found out about it later

3 Likes

two things i hope to see again in the new colossus:

branching paths with unique and vivid characters portrayed with warmth and humanity

hilarious and sometimes poignant inner monologues reverberating within b.j.'s skull during specific moments

2 Likes

I also want to shoot a whole lot of nazis

1 Like

same

I saw liberals complaining on facebook that the wolfenstein games endorse fascism because you shut down other peoples beliefs and uh

1 Like

i think we can consider that a given…!

shooting nazis in wolfenstein is like guitar solos and crowd vox in '80s thrash metal

2 Likes

Just found out Martin Stig Andersen of LIMBO and INSIDE fame is composing for this game alongside Mick Gordon.

1 Like

You killed the kid in preference to the old man? You sadist

1 Like

I killed the kid too

Same

Jesus what a bunch of sociopaths