Wolfenstein

select button

4 Likes

who wouldn’t kill that useless fucking kid if given the choice?

1 Like

war is full of hard choices but some of them are easy like the choice to kill that dumb kid

3 Likes

Sergeant Price had a good run. He wanted to be the one to go. He told you so. It was the right thing to do.

1 Like

Sergeant Price was a sentimental fool :waynestare:

1 Like

fergus lays the guilt on you pretty hard for killing the kid, though. i went that route my second time through, but i kinda regard ‘kill fergus’ as the more, uh, canonical route because jimi > tekla. tekla’s still a good character, though.

I picked up The New Order because of this thread. I just passed the test on the train – that scene felt very Inglorious Bastards. I really enjoyed having the opportunity to reach for the gun and screw up the whole scene. I didn’t do it, but the fact that I could really ramped up the tension. This game understands how to use player choice to inflect the narrative in a way a film can’t.

The game is good so far! It runs terribly on my computer, which is very weird considering I can run DOOM 2016 perfectly at top settings. Guess it’s poorly optimized for my graphics card. But despite that, I’m enjoying this a lot more than DOOM. So far this is one of the more well-written FPSes I’ve played, though I have to admit that’s not hard to do.

1 Like

I was playing this earlier and experienced odd hitching I shouldn’t have. Pulling up the console (Ctrl-~) and entering “jobs_numthreads 1” fixed it. I have no idea what it does but it ran smoothly afterward.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m gonna try that!

One tip I saw online was to rename the .exe, replacing “64” with “32”. That’s the stupidest thing ever and I would never expect it to work, but it did actually seem to help… Maybe it was the placebo effect or I was in a less intense part of the game though, who knows. I definitely did still get some hitching though.

Yeah, I came across several equally dubious fixes before that console command worked. Hope it helps!

Wolf2 on id Tech 6 is gonna rule.

Make sure y’all are running the latest drivers. Also get to tweaking those config files: https://steamcommunity.com/app/201810/discussions/0/558756256617043584/

yeah I really dislike id tech 5 relative to 6 (the texturing is really ugly), it turns out carmack leaving was great

i gotta say, staring into an actual real live nazi’s dead fish eyes in charlottesville makes me so goddamn pumped for this.

3 Likes

my friend and i are gonna try to pick this up and finish it in one go

maybe even stream it? i’ve actually never streamed before, this seems like a good one to start with

1 Like

Yo was there any antifa presence in Charlottesville for this past Nazi really? Seems like they kept the organizing on the DL so counterprotesters wouldn’t come out.

While Spencer’s rally was over after only ten minutes, by this time, Charlottesville residents, antifascists, and Black Lives Matter organizers had assembled over 50 individuals. People quickly took the streets and marched throughout the town, picking up supporters along the way. The march then ended up rallying at the home of UVA President Teresa Sullivan.

emily g is the person to follow for anything c’ville / fash related. IGD also good
https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski

1 Like

6 Likes

Hell yes my dude

1 Like

a) All those Nazi LARPers are red herring in the grand scheme of things. People with actual power and means to put the minorities down (through much subtler ways) are far more sophisticated than some 4chan goons. But if it helps some Antifa in response LARP that they are in Franco’s Spain fighting the good fight, so be it.

b) Trump is a convenient punch-bag because he is unapologetic about being an American imperialist. It’s just amusing to see American middle class and upper class liberals get so enraged about everything he says or does even though the ugliness of American imperialism and privilege is and has always been there. The Russian meddling controversy is even funnier. Wow, a foreign power meddles in your political process. WHAT AN OUTRAGE.

c) “That’s what conservativism means all over the world (replace white with different regional races.)” Again, I am not sure if you’re an American or otherwise live in a former colonialist country, but it’s clear you are so high on privilege that you fail to understand the context of nations that have historically been occupied and haven’t meddled with imperialism, conservatism and nationalism have rather different meanings.

d) Disregarding that, let’s assume nationalism is bad because it’s to the benefit of white straight men who don’t want anyone at their table of power. I will lul with the force of thousand suns when (and let’s not be mistaken here, it’s only a matter of time, as pessimistic as you seem to be about it) the US minorities, or a certain segment of it, will be finally “equal enough” (I’d like to state it in less banal terms but lack the vocabulary, sorry) that nationalism will run on other axis of privilege, such as economic or social and the formerly oppressed are okay with it. Doesn’t mean nothing should be done because of it, but as with the Nazi label, tired of the word nationalism reduced to a slur that banks on very specific, ugly manifestations of both (in the case of Nazism, you can make the case that it’s always ugly, but I don’t doubt it’s verbal firepower comes through associations with gas chambers, WWII and opposition to free world, not full employment for all). So when you have criticism of European Union in Europe, it’s always: nationalism --> fascism --> anti-Semitism --> genocide (always chuckle at the irony too in a world where apartheid-style Israel exists and where the populace thinks they are God’s Chosen People)

I don’t doubt US is a fucked up place though, my 4-year stint in a college was rather illustrative in that sense.

1 Like

yes liberals are full of it and trump is just an extra vulgar incoherent version of the racist american capitalist imperialist machine we’ve always had, this is known.

trump’s entire personality and bannon’s email correspondence indicates that’s not necessarily always the case. But thank you for the very helpful dismissal of nazis who people are dead because of as larpers, guy who went to college here for a whole four years. what is even the point of this kind of armchair expertise “this isn’t the real problem I’m not going to do anything about the real problem, just point out this isn’t it for some reason, they’re not really nazis cause they’re not a german 1930s political party, yadda yadda” nonsense people always trot out. everyone’s a revolutionary in history class, a pedantic “it’s different now” chickenshit in the real world.

I think you can tell a lot about someone by what that person goes out of there way to be bothered by and I got to wonder about people who are always more bothered by the people bothered by injustice (god forbid they seem annoying or silly to your hip above it all sensibilities) than the actual injustice itself and so far what seems to bother you raziel is, 1) the people who were upset there were literally no black people in the entire world of the witcher 2) people who are bothered by nazis marching around and do something about it

no fischer price my first attempt at actually both sides are bad opinions in the wolfenstein thread.

14 Likes