Wolfenstein

You don’t have to dual wield.

if only you could dual weld

I’m always disappointed that double fisting is situational because I want to do it always

This is a good game everybody

1 Like

The party cutscene is so good. Hear hear!

2 Likes

just finished this!

yeah in terms of writing/direction/plot/tone it seems basically unprecedented as far as Big Games go

i didnt dual-wield even one time

3 Likes

I actually semi agree with this! the middle part of the venus mission was completely miserable and has two segments in it that if the other parts of the game weren’t as fun that I ould have given up on continuing with. the stealth elements just don’t always work the way you can tell the developers wanted to and you kind of never know when someone is going to spot you or not

the venus part was the only remotely weak level design

failing stealth should not be some source of frustration, it’s an entirely optional thing. we’re conditioned to be frustrated by failure in games and want 100 percent perfection but this is wrong and stealth where you’re expected to eventually fail, sometimes for reasons you couldn’t do anything about, is good, and you’re not even punished for it, you’re rewarded with more nazis to kill. it’s the reverse of metal gear, the penalty for failing stealth in wolfenstein is you now have to put the suppressed pea shooters away and stop holding bj back from doing what he excels at. and if your dying all the time there’s like 10 difficulties to pick from.

6 Likes

1 Like

I just got this a few days ago for half price. I haven’t played the previous game and didn’t realise that would be a kind of “watching Two Towers before Fellowship of the Ring” kind of thing. Or at least it feels like it right at the beginning, but I guess there’s not really much more to understand than Kill The Nazis.

It’s pretty good so far, I am playing a notch or two above standard difficulty, and it seems like the actual challenge fluctuates pretty wildly from level to level. Like I had major difficulty on t he U-Boat level, but after that it suddenly became much more cruisey up until the point I am up to now, which seems like another brick wall for me.

Main thing I don’t like so far are BJ’s cheesy poetic musings about Caroline’s Wings and so on

Those poetic musings are fucking great.

6 Likes

One line about the wings actually gave me chills. This game gave me the feels, I really need to play it more

I just found out something AMAZING about this game that I hadn’t noticed at all.

In the audition scene, the director is Leni Riefenstahl (irl her real name was Helene), and the first actor that Hitler shoots is Ronald Reagan, trying to do his folksy, down-home cozying up to power shtick that got him so far in life. So… This game features Hitler shooting Reagan while Riefenstahl watches, on a Nazi base on Venus.

10 Likes

I hope you can actually kill hitler in wolfenstein 3: the vr experience

I’d be very surprised if they weren’t building up to it in some shape or form. Is it even possible to stealth your way to his office?

I killed him.

Then the other Nazis killed me.

But I did get to stomp a hitler good.

I just played that bit.

Same

His head doesn’t explode when you step on it though

1 Like

i’m pretty behind others on here, just got to the state building, right after the cutscene where we meet the badass resistance ppl. this game whips ass. it smooths out the rough spots of new order a/f/a presentation and story in an insanely good way. the narrative thus far has jumped around a lot less with more focus on the characters and the overarching drive. also with politics in the shape it is currently this game is hitting all the right emotional beats for me