Wolfenstein

It is a big deal though, because the ending speech sounds way better in the Fergus timeline

I donā€™t know about the Fergus timeline yet but Wyattā€™s arc has some emotional peaks for something that initially presents itself as comic relief (this is a recurring thing for a lot of the cast within this game) and also has some setup for Daā€™at Yichud shenanigans in a potential sequel.

The German in this is freakin fantastic. Super well acted and super well written. Frau Engel speaks some real German German. Listening to her is often times better than the translation. Has more character, that gets lost in translation.

4 Likes

Played through the movie audition scene last night. This might be the best story in a game all year so far? Trying to think of other story driven games from this past year that can compete but nothing is really on the same level as this one.

1 Like
1 Like

This game starts STRONG.

Fergus is all comic relief but the laserkraftwerk can oneshot the bigger robots so it evens out.

Finished this last night. I liked it. I did not really like the way it went from this beautiful speech about liberty at the very end into a credits sequence with a Twisted Sister cover. The tonal shift was rather unexpected.

Hereā€™s hoping they get to make the third game.

Yo, the audition scene is incredible! I couldnā€™t resist going for the comedy lines. For a minute I thought I was going to get away with it, but then I got shot. This gameā€™s portrayal of Hitler is so on point. A sickly, vicious, paranoid, pathetic, doddering old man. Some day, filmic depictions of Donald Trump are going to be like this.

5 Likes

R.I.P. Ronald Reagan

I need to be packing for a thanksgiving trip, but instead I am giving thanks to the coolant machines on venus. Just discovered the big weird gun that shoots nasty portals. Great setpiece!

You can get the season pass for $11 on NewEgg right now:

This is 25$ somewhere

Picked this up, but Iā€™m getting the ā€œcould not write crash dumpā€ error. Got a Radeon R9 e80 video card.

Anyone run into this?

I recall hearing about this when the game released.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/117830/could-not-write-crash-dump

First off, make sure the game is running the latest patch and you have the latest drivers.

Check to make sure you have the entire game downloaded. Total file size should be 41gb. Some of the people experiencing this simply didnā€™t have the entire file downloaded.

In addition to the R9 do you have any other video cards on your computer (like an integrated card)? If you do you might check via device manager and make sure itā€™s disabled so the game is only looking at the R9.

If all else fails try deleting the .config file in the gameā€™s system folders. Itā€™ll be recreated automatically when you the run game again.

1 Like

Thereā€™s an option in Steam to run a checksum on your game files to ensure that it downloaded properly. I forget what that option is called, probably ā€œverify downloadā€ or something. Iā€™d recommend doing that. I had some frequent crashing and running the checksum revealed that i was missing a few files. Re-downloading them fixed the crashes for me.

Also, yes, make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date.

1 Like

Tried em all, no dice. Gonna have to wait till the next patch I guess.

Bleh, sucks that theyā€™re botching the launch so bad.

Update: Okay, Radeon released of those ā€œbetaā€ drivers with a fix for this, so itā€™s working now.

Just want to come in this thread to say that the entire sequence at the beginning with BJā€™s parents is super traumatic and Iā€™m glad my dad is one of the good dads with a moustache and not a bad dad, like BJ has. thanks.

Also I found out from a dear friend and mega-star that people thought at SBcon Hater was one of my alts and come on you boy friends of mine that account is nowhere near aesthetically pure

also I respect their opinion a lot, cuz I too disagree with Wolfensteinā€™s reliance on Two Gun Shoot