Wolfenstein

there’s no evidence for it, but hater feels like a contrarian irony account

2 Likes

Just played through the opening sequence up to the part in the U Boat. This game rules so far. The storytelling feels like a huge step up from The New Order! I’m having a hard time getting used to the new weapon switching controls though, I liked the simple scroll wheel setup in New Order better.

While working on the soundtrack for The New Colossus I had the opportunity to visit the Baschet workshop, outside of Paris, and spend some time making bespoke recordings with the Baschet instruments that are housed there.

It’s hard to describe the experience of working with these sonic structures if you haven’t seen them in person: the instruments resemble sculptures of metal sheets, folded into geometric shapes and attached to rods of crystal and metal. For this project, most of the Baschet instruments I used were played by wetting my hands and running them along crystal sticks, much like you might dampen a finger and run it along the rim of a glass to make sound.

1 Like

Just started the Roswell mission. Giving up now. Game’s been a thoroughly miserable ordeal so far- by turns infuriating, humiliating, and depressing- and I don’t imagine it’ll get any better in the second half. Stealth elements are shallow and poorly-implemented, dual-wielding seems- at best- a gimmick, and B.J. is just way too fragile a protagonist for a game where even the rank-and-file enemies are brandishing hitscan submachine guns from the word “Go!”

2 Likes

honestly you’re the most endearing troll we’ve had in years

like, you’re competitive with the auto kaufen bot

1 Like

wow this is great

it’s really interesting to see something like those instruments pop up because they look just as oppressive as the resulting sound

TBF wolfenstwo is maybe too punishing a game on the default setting first time around if you don’t make manual saves

I wanted to pick Wyatt at the beginning of this game because I heard there are scenes of him doing psychedelics. But I had to pick Fergus because he was the one I picked in The New Order, and I am bound by continuity. Did I make the right choice?

They’re both mostly comic characters in this one so it’s not a big deal

I picked Wyatt specifically for the psychedelics. And I haven’t been disappointed. That’s pretty much all he does for the whole game, it’s great! I mean great in the sense that psychedelics are great. I love LSD myself and would do it all the time if I could. In a way it’s not so great for poor Wyatt, who is using it as a coping mechanism to deal with the horror show that has been the last decade-plus of his life. But early on when you first reach the U-boat hub he describes one of his acid visions to Set Roth whose response seems to indicate that Wyatt is in fact tapping into the greater cosmic consciousness energy that the Da’acht Yichud are in touch with. Set Roth then gives Wyatt a book on Kabbalah that you see him take a great interest in later on.

I’m in Nue Orleans. Just reached the actual ghetto where the Nazis are purging everyone. This game has some really good level design. I love how in this level you start outside the walled off city and when you find your way into the wall, it’s got a whole interior inside with three or four levels of hallways, rooms and walkways and you have to find the exit somewhere in there into the actual city itself. And each distinct area is seamlessly integrated in a way that actually makes sense. If you were going to build a giant wall around a city to wall it in you can’t really do much better than what’s in this level right here.

This definitely is a turn-of-the-century style FPS but with the following two decades of knowledge of what did and didn’t work mixed in.

3 Likes

this game sure locks up a lot huh

it’s all good on ps4 ;))))

butter on PC too

Saw some articles it was locking up for some people and the patch notes seem to suggest there were problems with certain graphics card & resolution combos.

this might be why lol

Clipboard01

1 Like

I knew the combat stilts were the best gimmick.

pretty lukewarm on the freedom chronicles but it’s really hard to follow up the campaign

it shows how much the main story achieves in addition to being pulpy

yeah it turns out when you basically like wget 50GB it’s important to checksum it

1 Like

So if you quit and apply the patch then any saves you load from before the patch won’t work properly and you have to start the level over from the beginning (at least on ps4).

This is good to know after doing this ninety-seven hours into a level.

Played the game and a little bit after the microwave bit on the U-Boot the game locked up and I had to close it via the task manager because nothing else was working. huh. Guess I lucked out on the graphics card + resolution combo :frowning: