Wolfenstein

Yeah, it’s just weak and puts me off. You have to go on at least two detours to grab the other contraptions when there’s little reason to not have access to them throughout the natural course of the game. I’d even prefer if you had to commit to just one per playthrough. There’s like a half-dozen different kind of collectibles too. Wonder how much of these sorts of decisions are on developers and how much of it is producers putting pressure.

the collectibles themselves are so good though

like I don’t care if I get them all but you better believe I shouted across the room to my wife “I JUST FOUND SOME MORE NAZI GOLD” several times during the past week, let alone that they recorded actual eugenics-themed surf rock for you to find and listen to in the game

2 Likes

This sequel doesn’t dance around the fact he’s a Polish Jew, by the by. I’m fairly certain that’s a first for this series.

Cannot get over what a good job they did with every scene involving his parents

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0rDsk4sE3A

I think I’m probably in the minority here, but I like everything about this game other than actually shooting people. I am so absolutely horrible at the shooting people part.

My technique revolves largely around rushing nazis down and hatcheting them into smaller nazi pieces.

Eventually you can rush dudes down and burst them into nazi pulp lile nazi melons!

shotgun x assault rifle is extremely reliable once you get it

but there are some really tough setpieces before you do and it’s not good at range and sometimes you run out of ammo for one or the other!

the shooting is great

I dropped the difficulty down to baby bonnet in the last third and it’s about like DOOM 2k16 - lots of melee and ammo.

I played on terror billy difficulty and hung back and shot everything with the assault rifle. that got me through everything once I got the armor piercing upgrade, and the increased damage while aiming perk. I would die when I would try changing things up. once I get working speakers again I’m going to play the fergus timeline on an easier difficulty. usually I just play games on easy mode now cause I’m old and tired of games and isos just sitting unplayed but I wanted to be terror billy

2 Likes

I’m thinking of just restarting on fergus timeline tonight on an even harder difficulty, I want more

the comments on this one are off the chain

It’s worth it! I replayed both the New Order and the Old Blood multiple times. They’re quite good for it. The Old Blood in particular has a score attack mode that was pretty fun. Doing the secret Wolf3D levels as Nuefenstein B.J. was a real gas as well.

I just made my purchase for New Colossus. Went ahead and paid extra for the version with the DLC because I know right now that I want all of the Wolfenstein not just most of it. All. Of. It.

ok so this game runs like shit on my computer :frowning:
i really need to build a new pc i guess? all low settings and it goes between 45-60 fps inconsistent

Played up to the first hub. Fed Rosa. Kind of just chilling and taking a breather because I probably spent a good 45 minutes or so on the firefight in the ballast.

Playing on I am Death Incarnate difficulty.

Pro Tips:

Sneak and kill quietly as long as you can but once things inevitably go pear shaped just never stop moving. Use the slide and dual wielding and just bum rush dudes. Use the combat take downs. You can still turn from side to side while the animation is playing out. Use this opportunity to orient yourself towards the next enemy and be ready to either run or start shooting once B.J. yanks his hatchet back. If you die it’s not a big deal since you’ll start back at the moment the firefight starts so feel free to experiment and see what works for you. Throw caution to the wind and relax to the sights and sounds of bodies exploding into chunks of viscera and metal.

Throw grenades, if you have them. Shoot the red objects for those environmental kills. 90% of the time I do not bother with the iron sights since it greatly reduces peripheral vision. Shoot from the hip and when that target reticule turns red tap the trigger (don’t pull), fire in bursts, and go for broke. That’s right, aim for the head! You’d be surprised how many times you can pull off head shots while firing from the hip. It is a video game after all and not necessarily one that’s going for hardcore realism. So start popping those helmets off and putting some holes in those brain pans.

And last but certainly not least, USE THE LEAN KEY. It’s there for a reason and it’s super helpful whether sneaking or taking a quick breath in the middle of a pitched battle. It works while standing or crouched. Just get behind something, hold that button and then you can look over, under and around whatever you’re hiding behind and fire from a much more relatively safe position. Just remember not to get too comfortable if you’re taking heat from all sides. Get off a few shots and keep moving from position to position.

I really like how the story is shaping up so far. Can’t wait to see the Homeland.

What kind of computer are you running? What’s the lowest resolution you’ve tried? Have you updated those drivers? Do you have the scalable resolution setting toggled?

im on a gammer laptop so it’s gonna be ruff regardless but what’s scalable resolution

I got my jargons mixed up. Apparently it’s just a thing for 4K resolutions that scales the hud so it doesn’t look wonky at higher than 1080p. I was thinking of dynamic resolution scaling, which I think might be technically possible by messing around the settings for your graphics card. Basically I’m thinking you should be able to do what’s going on in this video:

but in reverse. So instead of upscaling the image for a super high resolution screen you should be able to downscale it for a lower resolution screen and thus increase performance.

It seems a lot of people are complaining about poor performance at the moment. The game may just need a patch. If all else fails you might try to cap the framerate using the suggestion here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455013
under the “Cap the framerate/potentially improve frametimes” heading. Currently there’s no official way to cap the framerate so you have to use work-arounds like this.

this looks horrendous 100% of the time in my experience unless you’re sitting well back from a very high-resolution display, I’m astonished that more and more games are starting to push it. lower settings are always preferable to this imo

the only acceptable resolution scaling is halving it outright

I was considering just saying “try it in 720p with low settings and no shadows or anti-aliasing” but it sounded too obvious and pedestrian.

1 Like