Watch Thread Already

boo. buy this (GWX-5600-1JF)

A Very Akira Watch @ToruMasuda

5 Likes

Man I wish I lived in atomic sync range.

Thanks @SONNICK for reminding me I have a Seiko 5 Automatic, by the way, even though I’ve put it through hell. I managed to snap the adjustment shaft from the crown over time and had to shell out for repairs, then a week later I managed to fall up a flight of stairs and broke the top strap join from the frame. Got that “fixed” for a pittance, but now it’s come loose and I’m terrified to wear it just in case I look down one time and find that it’s fallen off somewhere. It’s a nice watch and I love hearing the little winding mechanism go nuts when I shake it, but damn if it isn’t cursed.

…and that’s why I’m getting into G-Shocks.

1 Like

My watch btw

It’s very skinny

Which is about all I care about in a watch. I can’t stand big bulky shit. My wedding ring is also basically a woman’s size, those giant things most men wear are insufferable.

1 Like

so i found this brand that does $30 rolex homages

and uh

i would absolutely impulse buy one of these lol

BAGEL SPORT

5 Likes

…

bagelsport huh

…

BAGELSPORT! BAGELSPORT!!

it’s so good lol

e: the patek phillipe nautilus by bagelsport

someday when i’m bond villain rich . . .

2 Likes

i found a website called WatchOtaku

https://watchotaku.atlassian.net/wiki/display/swr/Seiko+7S26

cool details on movements and whatnot. i was poking around to check my movement’s accuracy

Hey does anyone in here happen to know what time it is

2 Likes

no

sorry

looks at wrist dahhh hair past a freckle

2 Likes

this is a complex question

1 Like

man with one watch know what time it is . . . man with two watch never really sure

4 Likes

I vaguely recall someone calling in to defacto men’s fashion guru Jesse Thorn’s podcast to ask if there was some reason that older men in her industry were wearing brown shoes with black suits, and he was like, “No. Professional men just have no idea what they’re doing.”

I would imagine that most lawyers are working off rules their dad taught them in 7th grade that they half remember.

Gotta assume there are dudes who independently do the Bill Clinton thing and repeatedly buy the same cheap rubber Timex over and over again, because, “Hey it works, and this makes me a man of the people, right?”

Yeah but if that was true they wouldn’t wear brown shoes with black suits.

Brown shoes are making a big comeback in general. I only have one pair of black because I am a public defender.

It’s weird to think of brown shoes being in or out of style, since brown and black are basically the centuries-old default. But I guess people could start going out of their way to wear one over the other.

I’ve always thought my pale skin and darker features make a black base work best for me. When I do go earthtone, I keep it dark, but that’s really a sometimes food; and I haven’t done it in a while, because I hold onto the dream of being less fat and thus don’t buy more clothes than I need for my current weight.

I mean obviously people have always worn brown shoes, but now they’re wearing them more. In the aughts I’d have said that black was the default accessory to a blue suit. Now it’s brown. You see light brown with grey suits, as well. Also I work in a county with a lot of black lawyers, who wear lighter colors in general, which probably contributes to my perception.

… maybe … like, maybe finally, it’s time to - duel?