Watch Thread Already

just the Wehrmacht unit who, among other things, bombed Guernica in the Spanish Civil War

which is to say, I would leave extremely quickly

4 Likes

I tried to figure out if this is like all of the “soviet” watches that crop up on ebay with skulls and radiation and masonic glyphs claiming to be from X or Y military or political whatever but it’s all fakes without originals to suck in dupes craving Mysterious Artifacts… From Beyond The Iron Curtain!

…except aimed at low-key nazis?

I think it might be?

It seems like most German military units during the Second Big One were just issued Watches that could be bought from People Who Make Watches not Tricked Out Custom Jobs Festooned With MurderDeath Imagery to remind them they were The Baddies. I can’t find any evidence of this face other than modern sellers? It’s probably a fake nazi-adjacent watch for the modern nazi enthusiast who doesn’t do their nazi research?

1 Like

Hilariously, this appears to be an actual Soviet (Molnija) pocket watch with a brand new (“newly restored,” the listing says) fake-nazi dial and I guess lugs welded on for the strap.

And a big ol’ cartoon dong for a minutes hand.

2 Likes

3 Likes

wauw… tide chart…

5 Likes

I love G-Shocks so much

I don’t think it’s a large market but there are a few

2 Likes

jesus, i thought the market dies when pebble was gone?
This is a whole new world for me!

fell in love with this one, before seeing the price tag

and there’s a green, brown and white version as well!

4 Likes

watch thread already

4 Likes

… so, I finally caved in, went to one of the official Seiko shops and took a good long look … checked out the green, brown and white model as well, it’s cool how the perception of the watchface changes depending on light scattered on the surface detailing. And it is not as huge as I feared it would be!

So, finally decided to plunk down the cash after i have been offered a discount, went with the blue version. Loving it so far!

4 Likes

Nice.

I bought some NATO strap adapters for one of my gshocks, but the strap it came with is olive green, and the watch itself is pale pink, so not sure how well it works, but it’s a nato, so easy to swap.

1 Like

post pics!

3 Likes

here you go, first pic is straight(ish) on, second pic to give an idea of how it looks when reflections scatter on the watchface:

8 Likes

I’ve had this bookmarked forever but I dunno if I’ll ever really move on it:

1 Like

hell yeah!

1 Like

like once a year my boyfriend’s $20 casio watch breaks and he buys another of the exact same one. I find it very endearing, but got him one of the new metal “casioaks” for an upcoming anniversary anyway

in other news, I got a nato for my sinn

4 Likes

Wow, both of these are beautiful.

I pared down by collection to just a G-Schock Square GW-M5610 and a cheap but good looking Casio Quartz analog piece I got at a Japanese recycle shop for 500 yen. to this day that Casio it’s the only wrist watch I’ve ever got compliments on, lol.

As cool as mechanical watches are I’m fine with these two inexpensive, reliable quartz pieces.

2 Likes

really want one of these so jealous af of your lucky boyfriend, haha.

i love my nato on my pink gshock, even if the colors aren’t perfect:

4 Likes

nicenice. sinns are not my style mostly but they are super well made i hear

6 Likes