Watch Thread Already

Make sure to also read part 2.
That’s the kind of dedication you would want for a lot of things you use…

1 Like

this was like…$10 but it’s cute and i like it

i might be wearing it upside-down, and therefore have set the time upside-down

3 Likes

you are wearing it upside down, but that does not matter.

also, the watch you like is the best watch.

1 Like

I inherited a very nice watch recently. It feels weird to be wearing it for several reasons. It was on a steel bracelet, but I put it on this suede strap so it’s maybe less ostentatious?

4 Likes

!! beautiful wave dial seamaster, those were such a good model. the bond watch actually, for pierce brosnan. quartz or mechanical?

steel bracelet sports watch is A Look but might be a bit aggro depending on your personality. dive watch on leather is delightfully at odds with itself

2 Likes

it’s a quartz! which honestly I prefer bc I am bad about wearing/winding things consistently.

I feel like the steel bracelet is “correct” but I have small wrists and it just looks like so much metal. I’ll probably get a perlon or nato when it’s warmer?

1 Like

kind digging that design

http://s7ondemand7.scene7.com/is/image/FossilPartners/FS5347_main?$datafeed_main$

at the moment, if only it were an automatic watch…

perlons are OP
official Eulit perlon vs braided nylon is slightly different, but it’s mostly relevant if it gets wet

caught my eyes recently:

a variant of that, though cant find it anymore…

and this rather cheap - but classy - citizen

1 Like

cool looks like a decent casio replacement, i keep getting this ad, let’s see—

IT’S 46 MM
$150

NO THANK U

2 Likes

I don’t believe this

still thinking about that casio royale

2 Likes

(probably wouldn’t wear it but the art is so cute!)

4 Likes

not a watch, but i somehow like that brick clock…

4 Likes

i feel like clocks of the past really stress the importance of knowing what time it is, something that perhaps we underestimate in the 21st century

my shitty smart phone doesn’t even display the correct time like 3/4ths of the time

3 Likes

wasn’t it, at least in the former half of the 20th century, more of a thing of signaling status by showing that you could afford a watch that was keeping its time more accurately? i.e. the quality of the product was at least as important as the materials used.

With the rise of the inexpensive digital watches in the latter half, i’d say it shifted more towards showing status by being able to afford a flashy brand/being expensive - because if a 50$ product can keep time almost as good as a 5000$, what’s left?

And nowadays, i feel like wearing analogue, i.e. non-smartwatches, is again changing its significance:
You either are a stubborn tech-hater, clinging to the past, a hipster, not a fan of having to recharge your watch every evening like a phone, wearing them because it’s a habit/you have them already, or maybe you just like the feeling of having something analogue in a digital world…

for me personally it is a bit about making a point that i am keeping time separated from the domain of the smartphone, Firmware updates et al... guess i am either a hipster or clinging to the past, huh!

neat-o

3 Likes

Wow if they re-released that I’d probably buy one.

Semi-related, is anyone doing cool e-ink watches since the death of Pebble?

the seiko SNR033J1 (Prospex LX) is way too expensive, like in ‘1/10th and only then I am in’-expensive, but that’s a nice design, man.

almost unbelievable it is a collab with the guy who did this

… the Shiki Shima train

… and a teapot

4 Likes

I just want to talk about the kaleidoscopic hideousness of this (46mm) thing.

Why are the hands Mickey Mouse and a cock’n’ balls? What is “Legion Condor”? How fast would you leave if you saw a dude wearing this?

3 Likes