Video Games in 2023

The year 2023, on XBOX:
206 hours, 14 games.
(1) Snowrunner, 95h
(2) Tales of, 78h
(3) Forza 8, 19h

Previously on ze PS5:

74 hours, 12 games.
63% for PS5-games (nine), 37ish for PS4 games (three games)

(1) Armoreddo Coro 6, 32h (i.e. 43% of time went into it)
(2) EDF 5, 23h
(3) FF16, 9h

Real winner though is the downloading application on Xbox and PS5, waiting for auto updates to finish downloading :officersonic:

this year i played and beat resident evil 4 (og on switch) 3 times in a row and then couldn’t even muster the desire to finish resident evil 4 (remake, on xbox)

5 Likes

150+ hours of sf6 and I’d guess a majority of that was completed by August. I fell off, but will get back on the horse eventually.

2 Likes

Most games in my list above are now being released in 2024 (some in just a few weeks), but of the ones that did get released this year that I tried:

• Amnesia: The Bunker wasn’t compelling enough to keep me from getting distracted by other games, and I still haven’t played much of it. Maybe it eventually gets into cosmic horror like Rebirth or something equally interesting, but I think it needs more of a hook early on because I’ve heard other people describe the same experience that I had with it.

• The Dead Space remake was excellent, if you like that sort of thing. I don’t think it really needed more talking, but everything else they changed was an improvement (and the new talking parts weren’t too bad).

• When I added it to my list I don’t think I was really expecting Crypt Underworld to get released this year, but it did and it’s very good.

Other 2023 games I liked that weren’t in my original list:

I’ve accepted that I’m never going to buy a Switch so I will have to find a way to try Pikmin 4 one day. (I probably won’t play Breath of the Wild 2 unless it’s in some retro collection 20 years from now.)

6 Likes

2023 meh, though admittedly i haven’t played baldur’s gate 3 yet

i did play three yakuza games and enjoyed robocop: rogue city more than armored core 6

zelda was pretty fuckin’ sick also and the mario rpg remake turned out surprisingly well

idk about pikmin 4 specifically but the emulation is getting pretty good

1 Like

Best games of 2023; Armoured Core 6, Touhou 19

Best games of 2008; Armoured Four Answer, Touhou 11

4 Likes

I should’ve done all the sidequests in Ishin instead of FF16.

ps5-2

Th-thanks Sony

6 Likes

Lol… these numbers seem pretty low TBH

6 Likes

4 Likes

I have mixed things to say about much of my top 5, I blame upgrading my PS+ account for a few months during the summer and playing through a bunch of catalog games for much if this.

3 Likes

Snowrunne
r

14 Likes

4 Likes

Most of my playtime this year was through retroarch, as usual. Not having hard statistics, I’d estimate Ys Books I & II, Military Madness, and Dragon’s Curse took the top three spots. Maybe Tengai Makyou Ziria, too, because of how much time it took to go back and forth with the OCR.

4 Likes

I played Street Fighter 6 for about 850 hours

9 Likes

BEST GAME: Baldur’s Gate 3
BEST MUSIC: Pizza Tower
BEST STYLE: Homebody
BEST USE OF FMV: Alan Wake 2
BEST WAD: MyHouse.wad
BEST LOOT: Diablo IV
BEST SCHMOVEMENT: Pseudoregalia
BEST ORBS: Cocoon
BEST INSIDE CLONE: American Arcadia
BEST ALIEN FRANCHISE GAME SINCE ALIEN ISOLATION: Aliens Dark Descent
BEST DLC: Golden Idol Mysteries

13 Likes

Oh yeah here is my list of SHAME that I didn’t get around to playing this year but wanted to:

Amnesia: The Bunker
Armored Core 6
Deliver Us Mars
Jagged Alliance 3
Jusant
Little Goody Two Shoes
Mask of the Rose
Oxenfree 2
Phantom Liberty
Resident Evil 4
Season
Space Wreck
Star Trek Resurgence
The Invincible
The Tartarus Key
Thief: The Dark Parade
Viewfinder
Wanted: Dead
Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader

5 Likes

apparently this was patched today? waiting works!

My switch and steam reviews were not so interesting but my xbox one was funny. I don’t think 29h is true at all? but I like it

7 Likes

I guess these are my most-played Steam games for 2023:

(It was largely my visiting nephew playing Vampire Survivors this year, not me.)

6 Likes

4 Likes