Video Game Youtube Channels To Watch 📺

Did my occasional binge on Space Engineers vids the other day, and I’ve stuck with this guy’s channel:

I mostly skipped the first 6–7 episodes.

He’s not doing any super wild stuff (look for space elevators, helicarrier, and I tihnk there was a rad mechanical wormtpp), he’s just kinda chill and hasn’t been an arsehole yet.

1 Like

car boys just ended and holy cow does it ratchet up

also please retweet is a wonderful thing

1 Like

How did we miss Clemps?

1 Like

I really enjoyed

but I lack the Dark Souls experience to actually know whether the majority of his videos are worth watching or not.

2 Likes
2 Likes

this seems as good a place as any but what do SB think I’d need if I wanted to do more of a yt thing hrough my website sometimes and Game Crit some videos

Good writing and video editing software? I dunno what you mean by “need”

You just need a decent speaking voice, a fun personality and a real good old fashioned “can-do” attitude. Now get out there and be somebody!

2 Likes

You also probably need at least 10k subscribers

I don’t really care about cultivating a massive amount of followers

1 Like

Consouls: Jazz covers of ur favorite games

2 Likes

Jon Burton, the founder of Traveler’s Tales Games has a channel called Gamehut where he’s sharing all kinds of prototypes and unreleased games that he worked on and also weird stuff like this:

Its a good one!

3 Likes

That’s interesting. I always love these little insights.

I don’t know if others have mentioned this guy’s speedrun history vidz elsewhere before but I watched them today and had a fun time.

2 Likes

some of his vids are good but his latest (portal 2) sort of devolves into a procession of times and names without much context or explanation. it’s not bad, but it’s nothing like the punch-out and SMB vids.

this sms lore vid is great:

rwhitegoose is a… questionable character to say the least, but his goldeneye speedlore videos are among the most interesting speedrun vids out there (edit 6/14/2019: turns out, rwhitegoose is a nazi, actually. so, uh… yeah):

1 Like

That Mario Sunshine vid was neat, thanks for the tip.

I dunno if y’all fuck with hbomberguy, but this is a really great video about a totally forgotten piece of videogame history I had heretofore knew nothing about.

2 Likes

I like how The Rarest Gamer often focuses on low poly 3D games on underpowered platforms. Just check his GBA list for an example of this.

I just watched this the other day. Who knew there was a lost game console seemingly specifically created to run a couple Dragon’s Lair type games?

Dunno if Matthewmatosis (https://www.youtube.com/user/Matthewmatosis/videos) has been posted yet, but he’s absolutely worth checking out, especially his newest content.

I feel like a lot of these video game youtube channels are rehashing arguments insert credit/selectbutton settled a decade ago. Many of them are also fairly immature (whether in attitude or in ideas). The whole genre has become obsessed with 60+ minute deep readings of popular games with maybe a paragraph’s worth of interesting thoughts.

Matthew was always very intelligent - even his old video essays on well trodden games like Zelda and Mario offer cogent and clever insights - but his newer work is on a different level. He’s now publishing superb videos on lesser known games with thoughts that apply to all of gaming. He’s doing the some of most interesting game writing I’ve seen in a while. His most recent video on the Arcane Kids Bubsy and Sonic games is very well done.

3 Likes