Twin Peaks

I don’t know about that. I don’t think lynch gets roped into doing anything other than exactly what he wants to do since dune.

I got no idea what to expect from this thing. I’ve been daydreaming about a twin peaks continuation for 15 years but could never really see it, and it still doesn’t seem completely real. I guess one thing I’ll be interested to see is how much room it’ll leave to interpret coop as having just cracked up from his experience investigating the palmer case, instead of it all being the work of an evil doppleganger, if like leland, both a supernatural and psychological explanation will somehow coexist at the same time. but I could care less what gets resolved or doesn’t though. to me more twin peaks has always just been about getting more of the world, not some resolution or anything. it’s why the bad episodes were worth slogging through, at least the first time, and why there was such a big to-do over getting the missing pieces released all these years. it’s not about resolving cliffhangers.

I’ve been wondering if this thing will be any good or not, but maybe what’ll happen is it’ll be so good it’ll make the old show seem antiquated. Maybe my new viewing order will be european pilot + finale, fwwm + missing pieces, then the new show. The first time I saw fire walk with me, it made the show being done and over with even harder cause I thought “this is what it should of been like all along” and made the world seem like it had just opened up is all sorts of interesting ways.

neato

also neato.

1 Like

With new Twin Peaks on the way, why not listen to this cover of the best song from the soundtrack?

2 Likes

1 Like

First 2 eps already leaked apparently?

1 Like

so should I finish season 2 before I watch this or what. I haven’t seen anything after episode 9 or whatever

no I mean before I watch the season 3 premiere

Fire Walk With Me is supposed to be the most pertinent precursor to this new season.

It feels appropriate that the rest is a faded memory for now. Although I never watched the second season.

man, the lynch episodes of the second season are real stunners. s02e01 might be my favorite episode period

4 Likes

I’ll revisit the whole lot after the latest season is done, in all likelihood.

Yeah the s2 premiere is one of the best episodes, maybe 2nd to the pilot for me. and the ending to 7 being so good is why I usually never want to bother with the 2 wrap up episodes after and just skip straight to the finale.

It sounds like previous peaks viewing isn’t all that required for the new thing though. in the finale other than coopers fate just about everything is blown up or reset anyway. you could probably just watch fwwm and european cut of the pilot and get almost the same understanding of the story and who’s who.

2 Likes

“james was always cool”

9 Likes

This show kept blowing up my reciever and shutting it off at critical parts so I missed some shit. I loved it though. what a thing.

1 Like

This is going to be me soon and I can’t wait

So many asshole nerd mash up Groot/Arm shirts are getting printed right at this minute

1 Like

This scene is in broad daylight but I want a strobe light in it.

! I know!

1 Like

one part of me is really glad that lynch is using this as an excuse to just Be his Best Self one last time, but the part of me that still thinks twin peaks and dune are the best things he’s ever done wishes he was forced to exercise a little bit of restraint

4 Likes

The start of ep 3 (Cooper falling out of the sky like Henry’s head, metal structure floating in space/blinded woman pulling a lever and Major Briggs’ disembodied head floating in the starfield) made me think of the first and last few minutes of Eraserhead

2 Likes