Twin Peaks

i know… it’s cinema. fit for the cinematheque.

That would be a lot of stress on my derrière.

1 Like

im upset that i have been reminded that holy motors exists. fuck that movie

now i have to be on topic, fuck.
well recently i saw fire walk with me in theatres
the scene with the smoky room and loud music where you can’t understand anyone is so good without subtitles
it was just SO LOUD i love listening to it with my eyes closed like a song

3 Likes

Wasn’t all the pre-criteron BR/DVD releases done without subtitles? I’m pretty sure the tape has them, so I assume they were there in the original theatrical run? The local midnight movie place always screens the original Blu-Ray and that scene is so weird without them. That release also had some mastering problem where the stereo mix was just part of the surround mix, so the dialog is too quiet throughout.

1 Like

the rest of the dialog seemed fine but i really like not being able to understand a fuckin thing anyone is saying in the bar. i thought it totally captured the BAR YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN teen feeling

6 Likes

under the skin though. should probably be numero uno

2 Likes

I hated Carax’s segment in Tokyo! so much I think I hate Holy Motors even though I haven’t seen it. I’m sure I’m right though. Fuck that movie.

3 Likes

Chiming in to say I got hyped to see Holy Motors from all the buzz around it, and then felt there was really nothing of interest there.

I think it’s cool they listed The Return as #1 though, I think I would too.

1 Like

im so glad im not the only one who loathed holy motors, it felt like HAHA SO RANDOM the entire time and i wanted to puke that people thought id like it

2 Likes

literally the only argument i will accept, “tv is not cinema” can go fart into the wind

2 Likes

i liked it but sort of in the same way i like adult swim vids

1 Like

If the movie could tell a joke without being wrapped in artistic portent

we’d have all been much better off

2 Likes

This feels like a natural progression considering Lynch intended to do an FMV adventure game back in the 90s.

2 Likes

is there any info on how much lynch was actually involved

2 Likes

ps4 port plz

1 Like

Is there any chance this is the thing that all those random Twin Peaks actors were teasing a few months ago? Would be kind of disappointing if that’s the case imo but I suppose it’s better than nothing.

3 Likes

afaik this is confirmed for psvr but at a later date

3 Likes

Reminder that we missed out on a David Lynch adventure game by the GADGET: Past as Future devs.

Synergy is a Tokyo-based multimedia firm, well-known for such highly-acclaimed interactive titles as GADGET and Iron Angel of the Apocalypse . Synergy attributes the success of its titles to the commitment they make to promote the artist and his vision, giving full creative reign to the developer.

David Lynch says, “I saw the work that Synergy did on GADGET – the way that the game delivered an immersive experience to the user. By collaborating with Synergy, I look forward to Woodcutters From Fiery Ships expanding existing forms in terms of story, characters and environment. I hope we will give people totally unexpected experiences.”

Neal Edelstein, SubStation partner and producer for Woodcutters, who was instrumental in putting David together with this multimedia project says, “David’s involvement in this project will create an entirely new audience for his work, who, together with those that already know and love David’s craft, will experience his storytelling in a whole new way.”

Masanori Awata, CEO of Synergy, who will also be acting as executive producer alongside David Lynch for this project says, “When obtaining financing for this project, there was a lot of excitement and positive reaction about working with Mr. Lynch from the investment community. The works he’s done have withstood the test of time and I think that this title, too, will become an instant classic that exceeds all expectations.” Synergy will develop the game with additional funding from Japanese telecom firm KDD, and the Multimedia Finance Corporation.

Natalie Fay, President of Synergy’s US operations, responsible in large part for the partnership, and who will also produce the title says, “David Lynch is not just a filmmaker, but an artist who works with photography, paint, music, sculpture, and now interactive entertainment. His willingness to lend his talents to every phase of this project will lead it to a higher level than ever attained before in gaming. He’s so cool because he wants create a game that even hard-care gamers will enjoy. He’s not interested in just putting together a string of video clips for your PC.”

Wait fuck this is out? Downloading it now

Woah! Please provide a trip report asap!