Twin Peaks

looks like i’ll have to do some google searching to solve some lingering unresolved mysteries

2 Likes

What was up with Cooper in that last episode? He seemed more like his Doppleganger than his real self. Is he dreaming again? Or did he wake up to his boring real world self? What year is this?

1 Like

maybe with the doppleganger back in he’s not “split” anymore. or just one of the things “different” when he crossed over to wherever

it was nice to see the martells and packards show up even though it seemed to be on account of cooper bumping into shit in the red room and erasing twin peaks

1 Like

If FBI agent Richard is the dreamer, then it could be that Cooper, Mr C and Cooper-as-Dougie are all to some extent reflections of his personality.

2 Likes

Quality tweets on that account.

5 Likes

I am a broken man

4 Likes

Underrated line: Philip Jeffries saying “it’s slippery in here”. I love the weird throwaway stuff like that.

4 Likes

There’s always a troubled girl
There’s always an FBI agent
There’s always a small town

David Lynch just made Bioshock: Infinite

1 Like

Bioshock wishes it could be Twin Peaks

Well that owned entirely

2 Likes

I particularly enjoyed how it kept threatening joy and then said nah, gutting despair again siiike

Not that I wouldn’t mind another season of teevee of this impossibly high calibre

6 Likes

twin peaks wishes it could be bioshock ,

1 Like

now that’s over, the most disappointing thing about the return was the complete lack of billy zane.

2 Likes

It’s cool how Lucy got to shoot someone go Lucy

11 Likes

Her cell phone subplot had the best resolution of all.

6 Likes

has anyone seen billy

5 Likes

when coop/richard is taking laura/carrie to twin peaks and they go past the double r it’s missing the big red RR 2 GO ----->. the top part is still painted blue though.

2 Likes

Fuck a meme but

The true Twin Peaks were the friends we lost along the way.

1 Like

I have a sad suspicion Lynch wholly comprehends and relishes dank memeitude

1 Like

Yeah he seemed to swing somewhat subtly between Cooper (“leave her alone”), Mr. C (his interactions with the waitress herself), and even Dougie (I think I noticed him sometimes moving in that tottering Dougie style - might’ve been imagining that as I groped for meaning, though). He gave me an incoherent and/or empty vibe that really depressed me.

Definitely need to re-watch (duh - but I mean these two specifically) soon. I spent most of it getting sadder and more confused (for some reason I thought we might get a somewhat happy ending - whoops!) and being vaguely disappointed (for whatever reason this particular blend of Lynchian sadness and confusion wasn’t quite doing it for me). But that final moment was incredible - captured and gave shape to my muddled feelings (kinda “unlocked” what I’d been missing or refusing to see up to that point). A better cut to black than The Sopranos, imo.

The last ep brought to mind this thing David Thomas (of Pere Ubu - a band that also relishes twisting American tropes into nightmares) said on stage once:

“That’s the heritage to be passed on, from generation to generation—an echo of pain through time. It’ll be too late, because your parents will be long dead, and no one will understand you.”

Through time and across the multiverse, presumably.

(Full song, if you’re curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W-GH7xulvM)

6 Likes