Twin Peaks

While we’re on this zombie kick what was up with the upright standing dead guy at the end of Blue Velvet?

1 Like

pay no attention to the Man in Yellow

2 Likes

5 Likes

what is missing in that sentence? the uncle.

1 Like

wow that was cool how they actually brought in david bowie from whatever plane of existence he ascended to for a quick day of work on the show

1 Like

That Log Lady scene was hard to process. I’m not sure if it was exploitive or powerful or what.

1 Like

Pretty hyped to see my hero the Jumping Man for a split second.

1 Like

I loved the sinister tea kettle Bowie. I was hoping the voice was done by Bowie himself before his passing, but it only occasionally actually sounded like his voice, and the credits listed some other dude as the voice of Jeffries. Too bad!

[spoiler]The trip through the Painted World of Mrs. Tremond was cool too. I love that they brought that setting back from Fire Walk With Me.

Do you guys think Dougie-Coop is dead?? It would be just like this season to kill him just as he makes his biggest breakthrough. I don’t think he’s dead, I think he’s either about to become himself again or he’s about to warp through some more metaphysical realms.[/spoiler]

That’d be some wrinkle if Cooper’s spirit or whatever is out of Dougie and back in the White Lodge or whatever just in time for the FBI to find him

Also, some whiz freeze framed the Jumping Man and is mask is kind of morphed with Sarah Palmer’s face. Makes sense if you remember the way that kid in FWWM flipped his Jumping Man mask to the side like the Palmers have done with their faces.

1 Like

I thought when jefferies finally showed up some things might clear up. what show did my dumbass think it was watching. the conversation he had with not-jefferies over the box in part 2 made it sound like he’d been working with jefferies the past 25 years, or at least recently. “you’re late” “missed you in new york” “you’re still nowhere,” that all sounds like they kept in regular contact. here all of the sudden mr c wants to know about judy like they hadn’t seen each other since the fwwm scene. was it not-jefferies he’s been talking to all this time? but jefferies says they used to talk? and jefferies says he called ray so did he or did he not try to get ray to kill mr c?

mr c tells jefferies he showed up in 1989 and mentioned judy. in the fwwm script and missing pieces version it’s in 1989 cause it’s supposed to be a scene that cuts back to the fbi after laura’s story starts, but in the movie it was recut to be in 1988 and happening at the same time chet desmond disappears during the banks case and before we go a year later to laura. in the flashback in gordons dream, jefferies also says “who do you think that is there” like he says in the missing pieces version of the scene instead of “who do you think this is there” like in the fwwm version.

I kind of got the impression jefferies was a prisoner in that place. that would make 2 prisons now mr. c has gone into to get the same coordinates.

I was figuring coop would come back in part 16 since it’s the last one before the finale and he was dougified in the episode after the premiere.

chuck is renee’s husband. james is sweet on renee, chuck and his pal skipper beat up on james until freddie and his green glove send them to intensive care. ruby is waiting for someone.

2 Likes

Apparently that slightly different take of Bowie also appears in the missing pieces. I should probably finally watch all of that.

Is Naido Judy? Cooper has met her before, tho Mr. C hasn’t. Given Joan Chen wrote Lynch that Judy was Josie’s twin sister it seems plausible, though that could have been her fabrication I guess. Perhaps ‘Judy Garland (Briggs)’?

The Steven/Becky/Gersten thing and James & Punch Boy are weird threads I’m curious about. I feel like something will definitelty come of the latter (Punch Boy seems intended to be anticipated as an anti-Mr. C device), though I flop back and forth wondering whether the former will go anywhere important.

Kind of in awe of the convenience store scenes. I expect Cooper back in some form come E16.

1 Like

did it sound to anyone else like bad cooper is speaking with normal cooper’s voice now?

before this episode i was reading stuff about 253, a series of numbers that keeps coming up in the show. this was the day before the total solar eclipse, which left the us via the path of totality in south carolina at 2:53pm. i thought to myself that maybe this somehow means the true cooper will return, or that (considering the episode aired the day before the eclipse itself) something would happen to set that in motion, a catalyst.

i was also reading some stuff about lynch’s fascination with the zig-zag, with “777” (mr. jackpots), with lightning bolt imagery and especially electrical flashing.

and then dougie sticks his fork in a socket and the tone or the sudden realization he seems to have just before is enough to make me think something’s happening. “one magical movement from kether to malkuth…”

4 Likes

5 Likes

How can sharks possibly be the most scary thing? You have to go to them!

wow, must be nice to not live in australia and never having to worry about land sharks

2 Likes

Dost thou know Dover?

I just wanna know what is up with that green Formica table

1 Like