Twin Peaks

The last thing I can think of that he was in was his sex tape.

Now that this has had time to sink in, my votes are for Eddie Veder for Bob, and Michael Cera for log boy.

Charlene Yi and Michael Cera are 100% going to be podcasters doing an investigation of the Laura Palmer case

3 Likes

there’s a short summary of the premise of the book that’s coming out

[quote][spoiler]Twenty-five years [after Dale Cooper’s investigation of the murder of Laura Palmer,] the FBI gets a hold of a box it won’t divulge the provenance of. In the box, a huge dossier…

A female FBI agent is tasked to analyze all the documents inside, and everything related to the strange town of Twin Peaks. She also has to determine the identity of the person who compiled the dossier. Along the way, she discovers secrets about the lives of the town’s residents, but also investigative reports from Dale Cooper who has since vanished, newspaper clippings, an autopsy report, and other classified information.

What happened since the death of the young woman? And why did an anonymous “archivist” compile such a thorough dossier on Twin Peaks and its origins?[/spoiler][/quote]

I wonder how they’re going to handle fire walk with me, which mark frost didn’t have any involvement with. if they’re going to go with chris isaaks characters being real and fbi agents disappearing investigating dead women as a cycle type thing, from bowie investigating a judy down to coop and laura etc, which seemed to be what the first attempt to rework fire walk with me after kyle maclachlan didn’t want to be involved was going for. or desmond being some dream reimagination of cooper and judy just being a code word for the next murder victim (laura), so they could still have the first part of the movie be about dale cooper, which I think is what the final cut was going for.

what if when the new twin peaks comes out I watch it and I’m not actually made whole again and restored to a state of youthful vitality and enthusiasm

8 Likes

1 month later

I hope the show’s all about that doorknob.

1 Like

1 Like

I read something somewhere that tried to connect her turning into a doorknob amid all the knotty pine paneling in the lodge to the log lady’s log. They claimed sentient wood was a theme.

The main thing is did coop ever brush his teeth

the show isn’t even out and I’ve already spotted like 4 continuity errors here in this couple second long teaser to a supplemental book thing lol

But I thought we were going to keep Judy out of this.

On sale tomorrow.

Lynch sacrifices 21 of his 140 characters by prefacing every tweet with Dear Twitter Friends, he is truly noble.

1 Like

Oh shit! Good Coops is going to have passed all this time trapped in the black lodge through transcendental meditation, right?

Nah it’s for this thing

just add john malkovich cosplaying as frank booth to the list of horrors to try and blank out when I’m trying to fall asleep

1 Like

richard milhous nixon had the owl ring lol

I don’t know what to make of the book. there’s some goofy shit with nixon and a bunch of ufo shit I don’t care about. for a book that goes to such lengths to line up with historical events and the exact time and spot lewis and clark took a shit in the woods in oregon and the adventures of jack parsons and l ron hubbard, it gets a bunch of dates and details wrong from the actual twin peaks tv show. in some interview mark frost said canon wasn’t a word he ever used and he wasn’t interested in the past etc. but he also said he checked with the show before writing this and when somebody on twitter asked him about some of the inconsistencies he said “all will be revealed” when he could of just easily said they were just either errors or a retcon or whatever. I mean surely he didn’t think twin peaks nerds weren’t going to notice this stuff or pour all over a book that’s depicted as a collection of conspiracy documents?

annie and windom earle seem to be scrubbed from existence. yet the fucking mayor’s brother who died from sex on his wedding night in one of the many forgettable season 2 subplots is made the main character of the book and turns out to have been some kind of cigarette smoking man who was central to every american conspiracy theory back in his day.

2 Likes