Twin Peaks

15 Likes
2 Likes

Oh yeah now we’re cooking with gas.

1 Like
1 Like

Y’all, this week’s musical guest KILLED me.

Also, does anyone know what the paper that Big Ed burned up during the credits was?

1 Like

despite the literal previous episode having minutes on end of lady putting on a shoe and one second of dougie getting hit by a baseball, bringing back that godawful song is the first time i have truly felt like i was being trolled hahaha

4 Likes

For me the most intriguing single line of dialogue from this episode was Audrey’s strange husband saying “Are you gonna stop playing games or am I gonna have to end your story too?” What the hell does that mean? Is it just him being weird, or is he another creepy metaphysical being with powers of creation and erasure, or is Audrey still in her coma, or what?

2 Likes
1 Like

seeing audrey like that is more than a little unsettling

I hate to be one of those cats who thinks Ferris Bueller’s friend is dead or whatever. But I would not be surprised if Audrey’s scenes are coma dreams. Something about the one-sided communication with the outside world, her weird inability to leave on her own, the demeanor of her husband, and even the set design with the old fashioned radio…

1 Like

LYNCH YOU TROLLING MOTHERFUCKER

so my partner pointed out something to me that i somehow have not noticed

the theme has been very staticy through this season, and has slowly become more clrear with each episode

also, audreys reflection is different to how she appears in the scene? i’m not sure i see it though.

something weird definitely happened with eds reflection at the end though

i also notice bobby said “we found things from my dad TODAY” which doesnt fit in with the linear progression of the story so far, which sways me to the multiple timeline theory. or things are just out of sync… which must be true because last week we saw coop play catch, but in this weeks we see him come back from the bender

1 Like

I have to admit I was carefully watching those mirrors behind Mrs. Palmer.

Wasn’t time super deliberate in the original series, which nearly every episode up to the unveiling butting right up against the previous? I have a feeling some of the scene shuffling has more to do with turning the “18 hour movie” into hour long chunks, but we’ll see. Stuff like the box/lodge escape scene sync demonstrates a pretty careful hand.

I think a staticy theme might just be your tv reception. and unless the show explicitly says otherwise I’m not buying any of the multiple timelines or alternate reality nonsense. and I don’t see how that would even work out storywise. I think any timeline weirdness is probably more on account of scenes being shuffled around to cut the thing into 50 minute segments. like the scene with dougie playing catch was stuck in just so we wouldn’t have a cooperless episode last week even though he didn’t come back from his mitchum brothers meeting until this episode. I just don’t think there’s going to be some “twist” that’s like aha this was really what was going on all along. that just seems to be the default fan theorist take on everything.

I think we can take everything we’ve seen at face value so far, except maybe audrey, but even there I’m inclined to think she’s just not well. in the still photos released for this episode there was one with her and charlie standing next to a door, charlie’s got his jacket on. sometimes stills for later but similar looking scenes have gotten released, so maybe next week is a scene with them talking next to their door. maybe the week after they’ll walk out the door lol. I don’t know what’s going on there but it’s a bummer seeing audrey in this state.

I was looking back at the trailers and the only footage in them we haven’t seen now is a weird shot of the staircase those bums were on, andy with a picnic basket, probably for their hike up to jack rabbits palace, and the scenes of cooper looking like cooper again. and there’s one shot where it looks like he’s walking in either a very dark or the black and white place and he seems to be doing the douge shuffle next to the one armed man. maybe mike is taking him to see the giant and that’s how he wakes up? maybe the first scene of the show with the giant was how he wakes up, he didn’t have his fbi pin on there and he’s got it in the scenes in the trailer where he looks conscious and functioning.

What about the reflection of Ed? There is clearly something weird going on there, and very deliberately so. This bit here:

I’m watching it on the internet. Listen to the theme in episode 2 (loudly) and then listen to the most recent one. Specifically when it does the shot over the waterfall. I ain’t imagining this shit. I just listened to it again just then.

listening with headphones I’m not hearing anything different or any static. yeah there’s a weird thing with ed’s reflection. I’m not saying there’s not weird things going on in twin peaks, just that alternate timelines or plot twist long cons aren’t satisfying ways to think about them for me. didn’t westworld and mr robot already do that kind of thing anyway.

1 Like

I’m only up to episode 8, but so far for me it seems like more of a Dunkirk thing where they are just presenting the different story threads at a different pace to each other for maximum storytelling potential.

For example it seemed to take a fair while for the Twin Peaks Sheriff office to get all that business with Cooper case evidence laid out and all that. Plus it all seemed to take place over one night despite covering a few episodes while other plotlines were progressing over multiple days.

Maybe we’re crazy, what do other people think

I don’t hear any clipping in the episode 2 I got and none of them sound as muted as either one sounds in that clip

I just thought of something… What if Audrey is still in a coma, and by some plot machinations Dougie ends up in her hospital room, and the moment he sees her is the moment they both wake up? Pretty unlikely, but I’mma call this shot here just in case. It’d reify their repressed romance from the old show, so that’d be fun.

1 Like