Twin Peaks

What do you mean “get the rips from amazon?” Do you mean there’s a way to get downloads of their prime streaming stuff??

I’m torrenting them, and they’re labeled as being from amazon. I don’t know how watching amazon stuff legitimately works

oh right hahahahaha. for some reason, i forgot, about torrent’s

The picture on the Showtime streaming site is not as bad as what you were describing from Hulu, but it’s not fantastic either. It’s probably not worth switching over if it costs you anything. After this show’s initial run, I’m planning on later acquiring really high quality versions and having a super cinematic rewatch.

I’m only using Hulu for TP right now, so cancelling it entirely to switch to the Showtime app will actaully save me a bit! I’ll try it, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the show looks exactly like Gabriel Knight 2 in any quality. I wish he’d hired Von Glower for this too. He was great in Inland Empire.

The first couple episodes on the actual cable broadcast had megablocky blacks. I haven’t noticed since though.

I’m watching on an Australian streaming service and everything looks beautiful on my HD tv

since a couple episodes in they’ve been uploaded by the time the episode has ended too, so it wouldn’t be too bad of a wait if you wanted to only watch it that way

yeah getting to see him in the fmv game looking sd digital and in as weird a story as inland empire was a real hoot

what’s the audio like for you on stan? the low end is completely blown out for me (watching via ps4)

Finally gotten through the first two seasons and just now finished watching Fire Walk With Me. That was a surprisingly terrifying movie. I had also forgotten how much of a dick Bobby was since he had so slowly shifted from teenage dirtbag into Mr Slick Business Man. Pretty weird seeing him kill a guy.

Should I watch the Missing Pieces before season 3 or just dive right in?

Missing Pieces! It’s not super duper important as far as plot information (a friend of mine didn’t feel like watching it so I was able to tell her the plot point that was “relevant” to The Return in like two sentences), but it’s really good. It actually works as an enjoyable 90-minute movie in its own right, and is WAY more lighthearted than Fire Walk With Me.

1 Like

I watched this a few months before The Return started airing. I liked it, I think it is good.

http://www.lostinthemovies.com/search/label/twin%20peaks%20the%20return%20viewing%20diary

He’s also got a whole buncha other writing on his website.

I’ve only seen The Missing Pieces as part of Q2’s 3.5 hour fan-edit Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - Teresa Banks and the Last Seven Days of Laura Palmer and I think it worked.

1 Like

part 13 "What story is that, Charlie?"
part 14 "We are like the dreamer."
part 15 "There’s some fear in letting go."
part 16 "No knock, no doorbell."
part 17 "The past dictates the future."
part 18 “What is your name?”

Welly welly well, this really kind of makes me feel like the Dougie awakening is gonna happen (or not happen) in the final episode.

https://twitter.com/ramontorrente/status/891450970101690368

4 Likes

I watched the Missing Pieces and so now I am starting the new series. So far it feels like a completely different thing, maybe more like Inland Empire than Twin Peaks. Also good golly everyone is old now, kinda weird to see Bobby with a full head of grey hair. I like how it is just full off the wall crazy now, like the weird black figure in the jail cell and the weird random character moments like Laura’s mother watching animals rip each other apart on TV.

I guess I am in a weird position compared to most others where I am just watching everything in one long go instead of coming into the new season after two decades of obsessing over details and having long since come to terms with the open ended nature of the original finale.

Missing pieces was pretty interesting. I can see why most of it was cut though, the scenes with the characters from the series that were cut otherwise didn’t really contribute much to the main plot although their presence definitely helped make it feel more in tone with the series.

shows coming on an hour earlier from here on out

1 Like