Twin Peaks

I remember her doing really well on celebrity Jeopardy years ago when she was promoting Urban Legends.

Next episode title is “Let’s Rock”

I am excited

5 Likes

Yeah that episode was so much fun. I liked the previous episode but I’m glad we get a break from the seriousness. The early scenes were shocking and harrowing but not in the same way (also, sort of cathartic, as we see Becky proactively going to do what we always wished Shelly would have done to Leo in the original show, but also we don’t want her to go to jail lol).

The entire sequence with Bobby, from his conversation with Shelly and Becky in the diner to the end of the stuff with the honking car lady, is A++ Twin Peaks. The tone was so layered, with so much comedy and horror and sadness all wrapped up in a neat little bow.

And yeah, the Dougie shit… I’ll admit, I"ve always been a Dougie defender, but even I was getting a little tired of it the last few episodes. But this episode won me over wit how outrageous it was. It seemed like a parody of Breaking Bad, but also a parody of Twin Peaks. I love how the villain literally goes from “I hate him so much!” to something like “look at this guy! I love Dougie!”

It does seem like the Dougie story is pretty much “over.” In the previous episode, Janey-E rekindled her relationship with her husband, which could be seen as an ending to her story, and in this episode literlaly every aspect of the Mr. Jackpots / Arson / WWhatever plot is totally resolved. So the only loose thread left in Las Vegas is Dooper himself, and the assassins he sent.

3 Likes

DOOPER

7 Likes

Nice catch! I can’t recall where that second shot takes place tho. Is that FWWM?

Are we… are we not all calling him that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yep, it’s the framed picture given by the Tremonds/Chalfonts to Laura that she enters in her dream

1 Like

well there’s still tom sizemore

2 Likes

this show has a knack for presenting me with scenes of Horror so Total that I literally forget about them out of some kind of defense mechanism

like the… thing Bobby sees in the car. Exorcist kid or something? I blocked it out until just now.

i just watched the last episode in a room with four people trying to sleep and my god i had to control myself so much not to just burst into laughter and anxiousness in the end. when the camera went to the piano guy i could swear for a moment he was going to play laura palmer’s theme. so, so good

i watched all of twin peaks (including fire walk with me) over the last two months. i love it all

(okay now that i caught up with this thread i’ll go to sleep too)

1 Like

Las Vegas seems like a much warmer/friendlier place than Twin Peaks especially as of last ep.

“Dirty bearded men in a room” is going to have such utility for many years to come.

1 Like

I was surprised they mentioned chet desmond by name, maybe they replaced bowie’s role with chris isaak

Lynch sure appreciates the value of a good slow roll.

Kind of a rough episode, IMO. I’m down with a slow episode but this was slow in a way that just didn’t work for me. It was nice to see Audrey again, but I have no idea what she’d be doing with that dude. The relentless tide of random peoples’ names at the end of the episode was kind of funny, I wonder how many of them will actually matter to the show. I kind of hope that conversation in the Bang Bang Bar has nothing to do with anything. I like the idea of just settling on some arbitrary conversation in the bar, almost as though you were eavesdropping in a real bar. It makes the world feel more lived-in.

I didn’t realize this myself, but I saw someone point out on twitter - When the person burst into the RR at the end of the episode a few weeks ago, he shouted “Has anybody seen Billy?”

1 Like

I think they should of aired the show two episodes at a time for the entire run. I mean obviously when it went from 9 to 18 episodes it wasn’t cause they had 9 more episodes of material scripted. it seems like a situation like when david lynch gave the eraserhead script to the money guy to get it made he was like “ok it’s a 20 minute short film” and lynch said I think it’s a little longer than that and he said “okay it’s a 40 minute short film” and lynch just said okay

How are y’all watching the show? I’m using Hulu and the picture quality has been pretty bad lately, with insanely crushed blacks. We recently upgraded our internet, and ended up getting free TV along with it, even though we don’t have a need for it. But I was thinking, maybe adding Showtime to our TV subscription would be an improvement in image quality? Or, it will also give me access to Showtime’s proprietary app which could be good. Do y’all have any recommendations? It’s getting annoying week after week having to watch a sub-par picture for a show I am loving so much.

I’m watching it on tv and it’s not great looking. grainy and pixelated, and night time scenes look like gabriel knight 2. later I get the rips from amazon that are 4-6 gigs and it looks and sounds real nice. even in regular old vlc player, without being run through madvr. for the original series I made my own mkvs without any added compression from the bluray files and those came out to be around 8 gigs per episode with dts-hd audio so it’s close to those. I guess I shouldn’t talk too bad about streaming anymore