Twin Peaks

3 Likes

Tammy can sing.

1 Like

is anyone else getting a little tired of the constant brutal violence against women

i mean i think it’s deliberate because the whole show is spawned from violence against women, and it’s going deeper into that

but i have a limit, you know?

3 Likes

yeah ep 10 thoroughly evaporated any patience i might have left for the show in this regard.

it tries to make clear that the perpetrators are irredeemable and unlikable, ends up making the show so as well, oops.

people don’t talk about wild at heart so much i guess.

the only particularly good thing i’ve read about this show so far

4 Likes

Inland Empire gave me the impression he was getting better at this, I guess because of the range Laura Dern was given, but yeah.

7 Likes

Theory that Cooper is 10 days “out of sync” when he takes Dougie’s place.

This is probably reusing an old idea Lynch and Robert Engels had of Black Lodge spirits/the “creamed corn planet” existing in a timeframe a few seconds behind our reality. I think the FWWM prologue scene with Cooper’s doppelganger staring at the surveillance camera was also supposed to hint at there being some kind of “delay”

What kind of monster thought Cooper killed Laura!?

Was this from Donahue?

2 Likes

1 Like

Hmm

this is also how I look when I remember this show is over halfway over

1 Like

that was harrowing stuff at the beginning there

4 Likes

I’m so torn. I’ve been really enjoying all this Dougie stuff, but the anticipation for the moment that Cooper wakes up is so intense, and the show is clearly drawing it out on purpose… How many scenes have there been where it seemed plausible for that moment to happen? The restaurant bit at the end of the episode, I really thought that might be it. There’s something really brilliant about this level of teasing the audience. When that awakening finally happens (if it even ever does) then it’s going to be one of the most cathartic moments of television history.

2 Likes

gersten hayward was the gal that gruesome creature was with

6 Likes

Those last 20 minutes alone were incredible for me. I was laughing out loud at the package reveal.

we know he’ll become cognitive enough to drive a car at some point at least

In the Art Life, Lynch talks about how the naked Dorothy Vallens outside the house scene from Blue Velvet happened to him and his friends when he was a young kid. This felt like a another version of that moment.

This was a very good episode and won me back a bit after the last couple (which were good but getting a bit too grim for me)