Twin Peaks

The more time goes on, the more I’m convinced you’re correct, but my initial takeaway was the other interpretation.

I love that this is now a sentence we can consider somewhat reasonable.

1 Like

It felt pretty good to type.

I can’t help but think back to that goofy angel in FWWM. Backwards leg bugs don’t seem like the White Lodge’s style.

I want a TNIN logo shirt or patch or something.

I don’t think it was bob or laura, just one those other eggs in that vomit stream with bob. It looked like one of those, while Bob was a big black ball and Laura was a golden ball. also no way is laura a bug thing that those murder woodsman would be helping like that.

i suppose now is the time to admit that i’ve never seen Lost Highway or Inland Empire and it seems like more and more those are required viewing for this

i guess i’m just a pleb, none of this stuff was really “on the nose” for me, but hell if i’m not totally down to do a deep dive to understand

new NIN song was a nice surprise (and probably good that it came first)

1 Like

I don’t think this stuff is really that much like anything else lynch has ever done. there was a script for a movie he wrote that never got made called ronnie rocket that’s got some stuff with electricity that causes confusion and golden eggs that birth new universes or something. it has a bunch of scenes where a guy is in a room with some girl while her mom is beating on the door trying to get in. It was about a detective trying to fix the electricity that is set to the wrong current or whatever and it was supposed to be I think some kind of metaphor for the immune system fixing the fucked up nervous system of a kid that runs on electricity? it was subtitled “the absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence” which is a line albert said out loud this season

5 Likes

laugh and grow fat

5 Likes

damn, next episode in two weeks?

1 Like

this is the most david lynch thing ever

3 Likes

yeah. I’m glad I stockpiled better call saul episodes for just this occasion

1 Like
2 Likes

I hate to be a downer, but this unfinished Ronnie Rocket business suddenly getting used underscores a lot of the sadness of this whole endeavor. This is the work of an old man. Many of his collaborators have been dying. This very well might be his last substantial work, and I think he’s kind of clearing his creative docket.

2 Likes

that’s not really sad, though. everyone dies. many of us won’t live to old age, and more or less none of us will be able to put a stamp on something before it’s all said and done. about half the appeal of art.

4 Likes

Sadness and loss for sure a part of time’s unstoppable march. But, a commercially divisive, very wealthy and comfortable filmmaker who has seemingly spent his entire life perpetually in the pursuit and attainment of pure creative fulfillment convinces large entertainment conglomerate to give him tens of millions of dollars with zero oversight, subsequently indulges wildest untapped fantasies to crystallize his position in artistic canon: I wouldn’t feel sad for him if that is the question it probably isn’t but I wrote all this out too late now.

9 Likes

yeah but imagine a world where bowie appears as a musical guest and then also plays a prominent role as phillip jeffries, entirely unrelated. I mourn for the loss of that world :frowning:

3 Likes

i watched it tonight

6 Likes

Lost Highway is great
Still need to see Fire Walk With Me and Inland Empire. Then I’ll maybe rewatch Mullholland Drive and by the time I’m ready for Twin Peaks 2017 it should be out on Bluray

2 Likes