Twin Peaks

Naomi Watts is absolutely slaying this part. Janey-E rules. Play a game and watch her valiant attempts to not corpse at MacLachlan’s rain man routine

5 Likes

Remember the weird editing in the beginning of episode 3, in the purple place? It reminded me so strongly of Martin Arnold’s short film “Alone: Life Wastes Andy Hardy” that I feel it almost had to be an intentional influence.

It’s a great film, and very Lynchian in its way. The filmmaker found a novel method of manipulating the playback of film reels, and used it to create these intense deconstructions of a bunch of old conservative/traditionalist Leave-it-to-Beaver type movies. I find it really startling and creepy, but when I watched it in a film class there was a whole range of reactions, from laughter to deep sadness.

4 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes
9 Likes

it makes so much sense

[spoiler]So they’re watching Twin Peaks on the ol’ projector in the white lodge and get worried about humanity because of nuclear tests, so they create Laura Palmer in a Dragon Ball to counteract Bob. Got it.

Can’t wait for the Giant floating in the air to become the new four brains meme. [/spoiler]

4 Likes

She’s officially a Christ figure

I’ll just step out of my hyperbolic chamber to state that episode 8 is the greatest thing to ever air on american television.

8 Likes

high school me would of really flipped his lid at nine inch nails in the roadhouse. adult me still loved it too though.

I think one of the old ideas from bob engels back in the fire walk with me days was the lodge people were from a planet of creamed corn or something and people would always say that sounded dumb as hell, “must be an engels idea not a lynch idea” etc, but I always thought lynch would erasehead the hell out of something like that, so this episode was great. everything about this show so far has been everything I could have hoped for from more twin peaks after seeing fwwm

1 Like

fuck me

2 Likes

HOLY HELL

I knew the ending wouldn’t be the roundhouse since they threw it in the start but I didn’t know it was going to go full nightmare Lynch

the sound that plays over the credits is the same one the giant tells coop to listen for, i think

it’s nice we got to see the white lodge. the scenes in there were kind of beautiful

shades of kubrick and maddin

1 Like

yeah the bit when they dive into the bomb felt very kubrick to me

RIP the recap/podcast content machine

11 Likes

Jesus fucking christ that was incredible

the weird bob bug thing is watto from star wars

1 Like

http://commercialsihate.com/

weird forum that had the poem from tonights episode before it aired

Dang, that site is down.