Twin Peaks

“Sonny Jim” and “Janey-E” are such good character names.

Agree with some of the critiques ITT, but overall am really digging it so far (though the Cera scene didn’t land for me). Also agree with the general sentiments about how the show “feels.” It’s been a while since I saw Inland Empire, but what Lynch is doing to MacLachlan here reminds me of what he did to Dern there. Maybe Lynch will stage another cow campaign for this performance.

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

Ohhh little Jeffery Beaumont!

Diane rules.

ah jeeze did Mr. C conceive Richard Horne with a comatose Audrey

Yeah, Julie said this was her favorite episode, and I’m having a hard time disagreeing.

bad as denise bryson’s role so far compares to the original, cole’s hearing is played much better; no longer for laughs (at least not in shitty ways), empathetically and humanely; as stress and pain the audience shares. presumably something age has lent lynch insight on.

frost’s world building and soap drama are starting to pay off again in little bits, i’m excited to read the postscript book

it’s :point_up:very good to see you again old friend

That’s been a theory out on the web for a while, I was hoping it wasn’t true buuuttt >_<

Notice how that spooky music starts playing over the pop music in the final scene

who else thought the last seven minutes would just be sweeping

3 Likes

I start to dread seeing the Roadhouse and STARRING KYLE MacLACHLAN appear every night so now they’re toying with us

wonder who in twin peaks is going to get to see “dougie jones” poke a cops badge on tv

I hardly ever laugh out loud watching movies and stuff but I seem to a couple times per episode with this show. albert’s “you heard me” was great

I don’t think Mr. C ever did get around to brushing his teeth

2 Likes

man this is a compelling theory

this really is the only show on television that really lingers on scenes like they’re crime scenes

telltale games presents Dougie’s Quest

Jerry Horne turned into a GTA character in his old age

5 Likes

I thought it was interesting that Cole’s quit smoking while Lynch sure as hell hasn’t judging from The Art Life.

This one moved a lot faster excluding the Roadhouse cleanup. Never thought there would be as much blatant exposition as the Hawk/Truman scene or that we would see Andy would be as direct/collected as he was setting up a meeting with the hit-and-run truck owner (4:30…430? cutting away from Andy waiting to meet we see a shot of the owner’s open door and the score goes back and forth from Ominous Lynch Rumbling to the Laura Palmer theme).

2 Likes

From one Rockstar game to another.

6 Likes

We’ve met Richard, heard mention of Linda, and now have a 4:30.

1 Like

8 Likes