Twin Peaks

I’m hoping Sheriff Truman and Twin Peaks are in those case files Coop was given, since that one guy was trying to sell insurance to the sheriff back in the first episode, and that’s going to be what sends Coop that way

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TomSizemore/status/873650254989598720

https://twitter.com/TomSizemore/status/873650459491287040

7 Likes

I’ve never been so excited to see a traffic light

this episode felt short though for some reason

1 Like

Dang Harry Dean Stanton looks and sounds good for 90.

I was wishing we would never actually see Diane on camera but am glad to see Laura Dern.

2 Likes

FUCK GENE KELLY YOU MOTHERFUCKER

6 Likes

The Clapper. The streak continues.

1 Like

that looks to me like the words

also they showed the telephone pole that was the same one from fwwm, but now it’s at the big twin peaks intersection of sparkwood & 21, and not some trailer park in the opposite corner of washington state, I’m just going to take that as evidence the deer meadow stuff in fwwm was coop reimagining the theresa banks case while passing away the time in the red room.

4 Likes

real sad that Sharon Van Etten’s role in this was just music :frowning:

I’m guessing this is what Mr and Mrs Reznor’s roles will be, too, which is disappointing. But still neat they are in it.

yeah, i guess i just had high hope because sharon was in a netflix show recently. i guess sky ferreira is lined up for this at some point, that one could go either way with her history.

Same intersection as the hit-and-run?

2 Likes

God, has the show ever been this sad? Everything in Episode 6 was just nonstop death (murder, suicide, manslaughter), pain, disconnection, anger, cruelty… it really hit me hard like nothing else has so far. And all those computers and power lines, the decay travelling all across america…

Hell, they even turned the Dougie plot, which had previously been almost 100% comedy relief, into some serious pathos right from the first scene. It’s like… before, it was funny that Cooper was lost and confused an unable to communicate, but then we remember wait, that’s actually really sad.

He desperately tries to convey something of the utmost importance, something that’s just screaming from inside him, but all he can do is speak in code and scribbles.

1 Like

That exchange between Dougie and his boss was another of those nice allegories for the whole show. I have some new childish scribbles to think about for a week.

Imagine how much of a trainwreck this should would have been if Lynch didn’t direct. Thank god they threw the extra cash at him.

1 Like

yeah, it’s starting to descend into true david lynch nightmare mode. it’s good when it’s earned but still senseless. my life has been nothing but death lately so I felt like having a heart attack half this episode.

1 Like

episode descriptions for up to part 12 now

also after part 8 there’s not a new episode til the week after, and the show will air at 9 from then on instead of 8, cause I guess it wouldn’t be twin peaks without dicking the schedule around midway through for some reason. the finale will be both parts 17 and 18 on sept 3rd.

2 Likes
1 Like